DOVE HUNTING TEXAS - September Dove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOVE HUNTING TEXAS - September Dove

Almost that time of the year for hunting.
    Taking my 12 year old for his first hunt this season.
    Took him skeet shooting to get in some practice. Could not believe he is a born natural for bird hunting.
    He hit every skeet not missing a one.
    Hope he's that good with the real thing.

murdering animals won't make up for your small penis size

fuckface
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nothing like lead shot in your food.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        murdering animals won't make up for your small penis size

fuckface
        Is it even possible to murder an animal?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

BB's are too big to accidentally eat.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with it per se, but all in all, if I'm going to have bits of metal jammed into my teeth, I'd much rather have a dentist do it.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              Is it even possible to murder an animal?
              you are a waste of space
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's fantastic DFG, I always love hearing about kids getting into shooting sports at a young age. It keeps the sport alive. Unfortunately I will not be able to do dove season because NY does not have one.

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                You shoot the wing

Comment

Serious question: once you cut out the bones, offal, and pellets, is there enough meat on a dove to be worth eating? I had quail once, and it was like the pomegranate of the meat world: too much effort for too little payoff.

Now, I hear you have invasive, pestilential wild pigs down there--much, much, MUCH better eating, and there's no limit how many you can kill. Only problem is that, apparently, pigs are pretty smart and can hide in the brush like Viet Cong.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Canada Geese are excellent eating. Plenty of meat on the birds and you have a daily limit of 8 in Oklahoma! Only 3 in Texas though.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Serious question: once you cut out the bones, offal, and pellets, is there enough meat on a dove to be worth eating? I had quail once, and it was like the pomegranate of the meat world: too much effort for too little payoff.

Now, I hear you have invasive, pestilential wild pigs down there--much, much, MUCH better eating, and there's no limit how many you can kill. Only problem is that, apparently, pigs are pretty smart and can hide in the brush like Viet Cong.

Easy to clean.
                      All there is on a dove is the breast. The breast is about the size of a small plum.
                      There are youtube vids showing how to clean and cook doves. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        That's fantastic DFG, I always love hearing about kids getting into shooting sports at a young age. It keeps the sport alive. Unfortunately I will not be able to do dove season because NY does not have one.

You shoot the wing
                        TY

Comment

murder isn't a sport

you guys should be locked up
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                            BB's are too big to accidentally eat.
                            Until they hit a bone and shatter. Oh, and lead shot is also the leading cause of death for condors and vultures as they eat the carcases hunters shoot but can't find (or can't be bothered to collect) and then die of lead poisoning. Eliminate the use of lead in bullets and I'm fine with this.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              You shoot the wing
                              Bah, the thing is small enough and already moving fast so aim for center mass or don't bother to pull the trigger. Besides, with bird shot you get a wide scatter of the pellets so it's not like you're going to hit it in just one spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X