No announcement yet.

The best show on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still haven't seen it; I'm sure I'd love it, but there are only so many hours in the week, and I have Very Important Doctor Things to do. (And Very Important Video Games to play.)

I'll probably binge watch on Netflix over Christmas or something.

Anyway, it'd have to do a lot to unseat my all-time favorites Deadwood and The Venture Brothers.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It is a binge watching show. You will consume the episodes like a good drug.

I have and enjoy Deadwood and there is quite simply no comparison.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Breaking Bad isn't as good as Deadwood, but it's definitely one of the best shows on right now.

Maybe it's because I prefer weed and LSD to speedier stuff, but I also prefer Mad Men to BB. They're different kinds of shows though, and don't really suit the same moods.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Anyway, it'd have to do a lot to unseat my all-time favorites Deadwood and The Venture Brothers.
          Fingers crossed, maybe Anna Gunn will be the voice for the boys' real mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            embalmer never recovered when Farrah left the series. He's been in a reclusive funk ever since.

At least I'll always have Season One on DVD......
            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Deadwood.
              i enjoyed deadwood, but my heart lies with Carnivalé
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I binged on it earlier this year and just watched the most recent episode today.

It's a good series but I don't think it's that good TBH. But then I have insanely high standards and think most TV shows are awful.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I heard about BB a few years ago, but in the form of some reviewer/journalist remarking that he loved the "ambiguous morality" of a character turning to selling meth to save his life. That didn't strike me as terribly ambiguous, so I figured I'd pass on it. I understand they've since made him into a much more dubious character, but it still doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                    i enjoyed deadwood, but my heart lies with Carnivalé
                    The problem with both shows (along with Rome) was the shortened production. HBO expected Sopranos level ratings and accolades for the kind of money they were shelling out. Deadwood wound up ending on a cliff hanger, while Carnivale and Rome wound up weirdly paced, with leisurely first seasons, and cranked up second seasons.

Comment

i actually didn't really like the sopranos. it just seemed too contrived and mundane; i couldn't really find any ****s to give about the characters.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

"Am I under arrest?"
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

"Send him to Belize. I'll send you to Belize"
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm up to episode 10 of season 5 and I must say Walt becomes quite blood thirsty in that season. Before that he always did bad things only when he had no other choice or when he had to because his own life was on the line but now they're popping people left and right just to be sure. The character has certainly took a turn for the worse.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Mr. Chips to Scarface - Vince Gilligan

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                I'm up to episode 10 of season 5 and I must say Walt becomes quite blood thirsty in that season. Before that he always did bad things only when he had no other choice or when he had to because his own life was on the line but now they're popping people left and right just to be sure. The character has certainly took a turn for the worse.
                                Such insight!
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X