• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl's Jr.

OMG! What a great burger!
    Best burger I've ever had!!!!
    Having one now for a late lunch.
    Pity all you on the east coast not able to get one of these mouth watering hamburgers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ath.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	9135690

gross
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

gross?
      You don't like burgers?

Comment

I like burgers.

I dislike dog-food-grade greasy meat piles.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have recently discovered Five Guys. Good Burgers, Fantastic Fries!
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Umm, between Carl's Jr and Hardees they are in 42 of the 50 states, so I imagine the east coast folks manage to get to it from time to time. Or they just stop at Five Guys like the rest of us.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I like Carl's burgers and their waffle cut fries. Solid fast food entry, but not the top choice.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Wait.

Carl's Jr. is Hardees?

I love Hardees! Their beer-battered onion rings beat out most other places! Crunchy, sweet, don't fall apart as soon as you bite into them. I like their burgers, too.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Carl's Jr owns Hardees since ~10-15 years ago, and some Hardees serve Carl's Jr food. I don't know to what extent a normal Hardees is identical to Carl's Jr. You're practically at Hardees HQ (in St Louis) so I'm sure you get better food than most at them

Comment

As fast food chains go they're one of the better. Quality wise they're the same as the rest but they do specialize in big messy burgers with everything on them and they generally sell them for a reasonable price. Their motto is "If it doesn't get all over the place then it doesn't belong in your face."

Their Six Dollar Burger with guacamole, bacon, and cheese is pretty much the big burger to beat in the fast food catagory. I have no idea how people can eat the double six dollar burger though because it's like 1500 calories with all the extras before you even count the fries and coke. Still, I guess some people do want a 1lb double cheese burger with bacon and cheese sold at a fast food price.

Not bad for $5.99.
                    Last edited by Dinner; August 1, 2013, 16:13.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      Umm, between Carl's Jr and Hardees they are in 42 of the 50 states, so I imagine the east coast folks manage to get to it from time to time. Or they just stop at Five Guys like the rest of us.
                      Despite Hardees being owned by Carl's Jr their menus are more than a bit different. For instance, Carl's signiture burger is the Six Dollar Burger while Hardee's has the Thickburger. They're rather different.

Comment

IIUC, some Hardees serve the Carl's Jr. menu directly, while some do not. I don't know the relative numbers. Presumably had to do with whether the Hardees was in competition with Carls or not. Perhaps they've rebranded all of those by now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          I have recently discovered Five Guys. Good Burgers, Fantastic Fries!
                          Five Guys?
                          Oooo! ah! I gotta check this place out.

Comment

I found five guys burgers to be dry as they only sell them well done and the guy behind the counter kept pushing down on the burger trying to make it cook faster. Sadly, that just squeezed all the juices out of it but maybe that was just a problem at my local 5 guys. Still, they seem to know their burgers are dry hockey pucks because they put so much mayo, mustard, and ketchup on it they slime all over the place. I like that they're fresh and never frozen but they're not worth three times the price of In 'N Out which is also fresh and never frozen as well as always juicy and tasty. Even the fries were soggy at 5 guys though again that might just be a problem at the La Jolla 5 guys restaurant.

I do like the all you can eat peanuts though.
                            Last edited by Dinner; August 1, 2013, 16:49.

Comment

Yeah, that's all your specific experience at your restaurant, every 5 Guys I've been to has very juicy burgers and crisp fries. And not too much extra sauce (from someone who doesn't like much sauce) on them, either, although I find that an amsuing complaint from someone saying Carl's Jr is very good (who specifically prides themselves on burgers that you need many napkins for).

Comment

Working...
                              X