Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catholic institution sets to live by example in showing compassion and support to LGBT youth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee Ben, if you don't agree with the Pope, does this mean you're not really a Catholic.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gee Ben, if you don't agree with the Pope, does this mean you're not really a Catholic.
      I'll wait for the full transcript of his remarks. Which, I note, isn't provided by your source. Odd that. One would think that in order to actually understand what he said, they would actually cite what he said instead of the usual paraphrasing.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The sources I've seen state he's referring to the inclination towards homosexuality not to the act of sodomy. Which, is 100 percent in keeping with Catholic teaching. People can have homosexual inclinations, the Church calls on them to overcome their inclinations, through celibacy.

So, nice try, Rah. I do note, that Francis says, 'no women priests'. What do you think about that?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

The pope continued by talking about how "many times in the church, outside this case, but also in this one, we go searching for the sins -- of one's youth, for example -- for publicity. I'm not talking about crimes here -- the abuse of a minor is a crime -- but of sins."

"But if a person, whether a layperson, priest or sister, goes to confession and converts, the Lord forgives. And when the Lord forgives, he forgets. This is important," he said, because those who want the Lord to forget their sins should forget those of others."
          Miss this part, rah?

Or this part?

A gay person who is seeking God, who is of good will -- well, who am I to judge him?" the pope said. "The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very well. It says one must not marginalize these persons, they must be integrated into society. The problem isn't this (homosexual) orientation -- we must be like brothers and sisters. The problem is something else, the problem is lobbying either for this orientation
          So what do you say about this - rah? The pope explicitly calls out people like you who claim to be Catholic and endorse homosexuality.

Hello, and thanks for stopping by! You've found OSV News. We're a national and international wire service reporting on Catholic issues and issues affecting Catholics that launched Jan. 1, 2023. OSV News provides subscribers with national, international, Vatican, in-depth and Spanish-language news content, feature stories, media reviews, commentary columns, kids content, photos, podcasts, videos, archival

Comment

I don't ever remember endorsing it. I have never done it, nor plan too. I just don't judge those that do. That's consistent with what the Pope seems to be saying. You just let your hatred twist it.
            I don't know how you can call yourself a catholic, but it's not place to judge that. NOR IS IT YOURS you *******.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah, Ben. Intellectually dishonest to the last are you... the first quote is from a different question and the full quote of the second part is:

Addressing the issue of the gay lobby, Pope Francis said it was important to "distinguish between a person who is gay and someone who makes a gay lobby," he said. "A gay lobby isn't good."

"A gay person who is seeking God, who is of good will -- well, who am I to judge him?" the pope said. "The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very well. It says one must not marginalize these persons, they must be integrated into society. The problem isn't this (homosexual) orientation -- we must be like brothers and sisters. The problem is something else, the problem is lobbying either for this orientation or a political lobby or a Masonic lobby."
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't know how you can call yourself a catholic, but it's not place to judge that. NOR IS IT YOURS you *******.
                Someone lobbying for gay marriage and calling themselves Catholic, heck yeah I can say something about it.

Comment

Intellectually dishonest
                  How is it intellectually dishonest? Repent to God in order to receive forgiveness is a basic Christian teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Someone lobbying for gay marriage and calling themselves Catholic, heck yeah I can say something about it.
                    So everyone that doesn't have a problem with gay's getting married is part of the gay lobby. You hatred knows no bounds. What a ****
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So everyone that doesn't have a problem with gay's getting married is part of the gay lobby. You hatred knows no bounds. What a ****
                      Yeah, lobbying for gay marriage isn't the same as lobbying for homosexuality.

Comment

Saw this article this morning and thought, wow, it's the anti-Ben.

John Boswell was a historian and religious Catholic who dedicated much of his scholarly life to studying the late Roman Empire and early Christian Church. Poring over legal and church documents from this era, he discovered something incredible. There were dozens of records of church ceremonies where two men were joined in unions that used the same rituals as heterosexual marriages.
                        Gay marriage sounds like an ultra-contemporary idea. But almost twenty years ago, a Catholic scholar at Yale shocked the world by publishing a book packed with evidence that same-sex marriages were sanctioned by the early Christian Church during an era commonly called the Dark Ages.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

the Church reframed the idea of marriage in the 13th century to be for the purposes of procreation
                          Someone needs to read St. Augustine.

Boswell admits that some of the documents he found may refer simply to non-sexual joining of two men's fortunes
                          Gosh, lots of intellectual honesty there.

Boswell has some serious critical research failures.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Saw this article this morning and thought, wow, it's the anti-Ben.

http://io9.com/gay-marriage-in-the-y...0-ad-951140108
                            I actually own Same-Sex Unions in Pre-Modern Europe, but I haven't gotten around to reading it. It was likely more of a bro-mance like joining for the most part, but I'm sure that gay men used it for their own joining (and priests were ok with it) - after all the ceremony was almost exactly like an ordinary marriage ceremony.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

after all the ceremony was almost exactly like an ordinary marriage ceremony
                              Except the author himself admits that it wasn't. AND he manages to get it wrong on what the Church taught about marriage. Not exactly a very reliable source.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Yeah, lobbying for gay marriage isn't the same as lobbying for homosexuality.
                                SO anyone that doesn't have your hatred of all thing gay and actively apposes it, is automatically part of the gay lobby. Nice.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X