No announcement yet.

Post a pic of your first car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove a 92 Camry from 04 to 09, bought it for 2300, sold it for 400, put ~400 in it in repairs in total.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Just hit 100,000 miles. My actual car is banged up, so here is a pretty picture of it.
      2000 Chrysler 300M. Bought it from my dad for $2,000 when I was 17.

Buying my first car under my name once this one dies. Probably within the next few years.

Comment

This POS, bought in 1979.. (1972 Pontiac Luxury LeMans 4 door sedan, Vinyl top, same color as the one pictured for $1000)

Click image for larger version

Name:	lemans.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	9095497
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

the old US cars had a LOT of style, cool car dude
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

If I could go out and buy another one of these and actually trust it to not implode in a vehicular collision, I'd probably buy it right now. I miss my punto with no power steering or rev counter doing 100 mph down the motorway

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
              Comfortable back seats too then?
              OK, maybe not completely ideal for a teenager.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

For some reason when I was 16 I really wanted one of these:

A 1969 AMC AMX. It was a shortened version of American Motors pony car the AMC Javelin so that it was a two seater instead of a 2+2. Our neighbor was selling one with the 390 CI V-8 and a four speed and I almost got my dad to buy it for me but, in the end, he decided it was too much car for a 16 year old and we fixed the old bug my sister used to drive instead. As much fun as a 6.4 liter V-8 powered 2 seater would have been I have to admit I probably would have crashed it at age 16.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

to Spaced Cowboy and Uncle Sparky for their Pontiacs.

Turns out I'm a big fan. (My dad used to drive Bonnevilles, and my wife still does.) Still PO'd at GM for killing their only decent nameplate.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    HC: What'd you doooooo?!
                    The car in front of me kicked up a broken tire on the road, turns out when rubber slams into your car at 80mph it causes some damage.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      The car in front of me kicked up a broken tire on the road, turns out when rubber slams into your car at 80mph it causes some damage.
                      Yikes! I hit a muffler/exhaust pipe on the highway. It flipped up and scraped the **** out of the side of my car. My buddy had has arm out the window too. I shudder to think what could have happened to his arm if the metal hit him.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sounds Good...

Comment

Does it?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                            Ah, the Car all Dictators drove
                            What can I say, my parents were rich. Not dictator rich, but well off by American standards.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Not this exact one, but very similar.

EH shaggin' wagon.

Here's a picture of the actual car, with my grandmother sitting in the cockpit. Those stylish young men are me and my brother, circa 1988

Name:	eh circa 88.jpg
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	9095686

Here's one of my brother's ute version of the same model:

Name:	Bill's EH ute 001.jpg
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	9095687

Comment

Working...
                              X