No announcement yet.

Americans know nothing of religion and science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

13/13 science
      13/15 religion
      Picked Saturday for Jewish day and was unlucky on the great awakening question.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

17/3 on the science, 5/-11 on the religion. (Or, like a lot of others here, correct on everything except the great awakening question, where I guessed wrong.)

What I'd really like to see is what happens when peope get a question wrong, get told the right answer, and then take the test again some number of months later. My guess is the results would be even more depressing.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Isn't this one of those issues you orthodox folks split up over?
          Communion? No. Actually the Catholic church permits us to take communion with them, while the Orthodox don't permit us to take communion with them. The Catholic church permits them to take Communion with us, but the Orthodox church doesn't permit their congregants to take communion from us. There are no doctrinal differences over communion.

The Great schism has more to do with Petrine primacy than anything else.

Or was that the protestants?
          Yep - the Protestants deny the Real Presence, transubstantiation, etc.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Why do yo believe Ben? He never even took the test.
            It was HS level science. Not difficult. As for the CO2 question - how is it contrary to my beliefs? I question anthropogenic (ie, human caused) global warming. Also, "scientists believe X" is a true statement, that in no way implies that x is actually true, nor does it imply, "I believe X to be true."
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 8, 2013, 13:19.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              the Protestants deny the Real Presence
              Um...
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I question anthropogenic (ie, human caused) global warming.
                It's logically inconsistent to believe CO2 is a greenhouse gas and yet also believe that humans aren't the cause of warming. The human contribution to global CO2 emissions is simple math.

It's like believing that pee is yellow... but then questioning whether or not the pool is yellow because all the kids are peeing in it.

The simplest explanation is that you are an idiot. I'm content with that.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I question anthropogenic (ie, human caused) global warming.
                  God farted. Obviously.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                  X