Check your favorite or least favorite OT posters for plagiarism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your favorite or least favorite OT posters for plagiarism

This should catch a few people out. I have suspected some just have google open and paste in other people's writing as their own. Exposing a plagiarist is better than winning an argument, you have already won an important moral and psychological victory if they don't attribute.

Let the witchhunt begin!

Grammarly makes AI writing convenient. Work smarter with personalized AI guidance and text generation on any app or website.

Report your findings here
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

It says your post is an original draft. Well done.

It didn't like your writing style though.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

tee hee
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
        This should catch a few people out. I have suspected some just have google open and paste in other people's writing as their own. Exposing a plagiarist is better than winning an argument, you have already won an important moral and psychological victory if they don't attribute.

Let the witchhunt begin!

Grammarly makes AI writing convenient. Work smarter with personalized AI guidance and text generation on any app or website.

It's gonna make it harder to falsely accuse people now. Thanks, that was one of my favorite weapons.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Agathon used to accuse me of plagiarism frequently, on the basis that I used euphemisms for genitalia that other people may have used before.

Had I ever intended to be a professional creator of genitalia-focused euphemisms, I would have been very upset by that. However I think I just laughed merrily and called him a ****.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from many it's research. My research has taught me that there's nothing new under the sun. What is originality? Undetected plagiarism. Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Besides ... mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. Taking something from one man and making it worse is plagiarism.

Comment

No. Creativity is combining two sources in a way that no one has done before!

And Grammerly sez I'm awesome.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Your post was both good and new- what was good was not new, what was new was not good.

Kust jidding, Horsey Horsey, don't you stop...
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation. The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength. Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
                  AH's site says that Kidicious is the worst plagiarist of all. Too bad he edited his post to hide the evidence
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Reported
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"Talent borrows, genius steals." - Morissey
                      Wise, original words.

Comment

Let the witchhunt begin!

Use turnitin.com you noob.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          AH's site says that Kidicious is the worst plagiarist of all. Too bad he edited his post to hide the evidence
                          Huh? I'm not even British.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I've found a plagiarized Ben post in the Falklands thread. To be fair it was quite predictable, given that it sounded fairly well written and didn't contain anything dishonest or insane.

Comment

well post it here then Kentonio - that Falklands thread should be a rich source of "borrowed" material

Comment

Working...
                              X