No announcement yet.

Simcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could always get medieval on their little asses.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• what is this? i don't even
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Turns out the all-residential cities exploited this system. Being fixed in a patch. It was never a design issue, just an exploit.

[–]JackDT 6 points 3 hours ago
        Systems like fire, abandonment, garbage, etc... don't turn on until you've made a certain amount of $$$ (from taxes & now gifts)
        Ahh. So as long as you didn't make money (taxes 0%) you would never pass the threshold and the rest of the game systems never turned on. Thus super large residential cities with no income.
        With respect to RCI balance, if happiness leads to density, and the only way to get happiness high enough is by supplying jobs to make money, and stores to spend it, it can still be an interesting dynamic balance between RCI.
        What I'm really worried about is that spamming Nissan charging stations everywhere can make people so happy they don't care about having jobs.

Comment

• I've done some calculations and it makes sense that the cities are so small now. If you had bigger cities, the game would have to look like a timelapse video to let sims get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time. No way to notice little mise en scenes like two hobos playing a harmonica.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• I'd prefer the huge cities. I can always go to youtube if I want to see hobos playing the harmonica.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
              Turns out the all-residential cities exploited this system. Being fixed in a patch. It was never a design issue, just an exploit.
              more like a design flaw
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                Cannot name any city "Towelheadville," "Gookville" or any racial slur + ville.
                Did you try "Redskinville"? MAXIS, PLEASE TELL US IF WE SHOULD BE OUTRAGED BY THE WASHINGTON NFL TEAM!!!!!!
                I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• EA wants to restrict mods to Simcity.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Welcome to five months ago.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It's just so disappointing... to think what this game could have been
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          If anyone could get into the city building arena, it's them.
                          Oh please no, they'd probably require you to manually approve every building permit and probably only the RCI balance right after 2 expansions.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• I regret not trying to get the refund for this game. The more we learn about the internals, the more it's obvious how ****ing amateur everything is.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              I regret not trying to get the refund for this game. The more we learn about the internals, the more it's obvious how ****ing amateur everything is.
                              Agree.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It's actually pretty cool now. The "internals" are far more advanced than they were at launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X