Strange Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Dreams

I don't recall very many dreams, only occasionally.

Some time ago I did have a very vivid dream that stayed with me when I woke up. It involved career, relationships and had identifiable people. OK.

Odd (for me) thing is, a couple of nights ago I had another dream, and it was like a continuation of the first dream with new characters introduced and new situations. It's like a serial dream.

Does this happen for anyone else? And are your dreams detailed?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I think I've had characters and situations in my dreams that continued on in other dreams. Usually I wouldn't know who they were at the start of the dream though, just a vague sense that I knew them from somewhere, and by the end of the dream I'd realize I only knew them from previous dreams. Usually the dreams were very similar, with location and my actions being much the same too.

All my flying dreams are like this, the mode of flying is something I figure out in the dream but it's always the same.

More often though my dreams are just silly. I just woke up from one:

I was at a shopping establishment in a mall. The person who ran the joint asked me (I have no idea how I looked) and some lady who I've never seen before to watch the entrance, while he and a customer were inside. It looked an awful lot like a home inside, there was a study with an office attached (they were in the office) and some sort of entertainment room with a bedroom off of it. Really nicely furnished and with a lot of very old books in the library. I was reading through the books while the meeting was happening in the office.

The customer in the meeting was me (looked like me, but I didn't see anything through his eyes). The owner was some sort of stuffed animal come to life. (Vaguely humanoid, always different though.)

Suddenly it went dark and there was flashes of light, kinda a strobe effect. Me (the one that looked like me) tried running out, and I tackled him. (I guess this was my job, no explanation given though.) I told me I'd regret having done that.

When the lights came back on I (now unified) and the other lady were prisoners of the stuffed animal, which went off on a rant about things people wouldn't like and then decided to do some of them to me. (Like pour sand down my throat.) I didn't like the idea, and so a fight ensued. I restrained the stuffed animal by tying him to a wardrobe. The lady had helped up to this point, but then she got bored and started watching TV.

That was when I realized my mistake. The wardrobe was in the bedroom, which was filled with toys ... I started trying to collect all of them so they couldn't free the stuffed animal. (They were obviously friends and in cahoots.) Most of them looked like refrigerator magnets with small plastic animals attached. The lady wouldn't help, and there were other people watching TV now who also wouldn't help, and I was yelling at them that they were crazy.

I was only able to get about half the toys restrained in time... the rest then freed the stuffed animal who came at me with a hammer. I also had a hammer at that point and we started wailing on each other with them. I vividly recall blocking his hammer with my forearm, thinking just before it hit my arm how stupid it was to try to block a hammer with my forearm ... but then noticing it didn't hurt at all. I wasn't hurting him either ... we were both invincible. So I began destroying some of the other toys, which caused the stuffed animal to beg for me to stop. At that point we made a deal about how I wouldn't destroy any of the other toys and he would stop trying to torture people.

With that taken care of, I woke up.

Comment

Ah, so that was you.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Well there was Asher....
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No one cares about your dreams.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Besides Da Shi?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
            X