X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl commercials

Most will probably think this girl is american :

but no, she's just an ordinary danish girl
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Oh my god, there are women in denmark? Who knew?

Comment

I was wondering who would be first to respond.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Oh my god, there are women in denmark? Who knew?
        It's a while since I've been to Denmark, but iirc, she'd be a Danish '5'.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Best - Paul Harvey Ad

Worst - Go Daddy kissing the Geek Ad
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The Paul Harvey ad was apparently completely ripped off from a YouTube video posted a year or two ago.

The ads, in general, per usual, were stupid.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                  Worst - Go Daddy kissing the Geek Ad
                  You gotta be kidding. Do you know how many people will remember that one?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I still have vomit in my mouth.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      You gotta be kidding. Do you know how many people will remember that one?
                      Seriously. The goal of advertising.

Most ads 'fail' because while people think they are really funny or done well, people don't remember which product it was for.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        Seriously. The goal of advertising.
                        That would be "A" goal, not "THE" goal of advertising. Depending where you are with market recognition, development of brand image becomes as big a deal as remembering who advertised and how. At this level (i.e. being able to buy a 30 second spot for the Superbowl), most if not all advertisers should be able to claim market recognition, the favorable/unfavorable reactions the advertisements create brand impact as much if not moreso than simply remembering a company's name (especially at this level).

Comment

THE GOAL of advertising is to get somebody to do what you want them to do... usually buy a product.

For that to happen:
                          They do have to KNOW your product
                          They have to see that the it fills one of their needs
                          Understand that it is the best choice to fulfill their needs
                          And then have to take action or buy the product.

This is done with a combination of awareness building, brand image/perception, and information
                          Which of these three is the most important may vary, but all our key to the buying decision.

A commercial where you can't even remember the product is a total waste of money and effort.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought the public message about our patriots (in lieu of advertising Jeep) was moving.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If it was in lieu of advertising Jeep, how do you know it was Jeep?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X