What happened to Poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. What a dumb move that was.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I didn't, thanks to reading what people had to say about it here.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Me too. What a dumb move that was.
        Well yes, but I think we cannot be blamed based on Civ IV... I still play it, right now (last year), Realism Invictus. This is really Civ 4.5, or Civ 4.9 ... Lots of stuff fixed, AI twice as good as vanilla (at least), expanded scope, and they really simulate well some aspects of history, like industrial revolution. Just plain fun, even after all those years... so yes, we had a decent reason to have our hopes up, but that THING. What a waste of time. Between and
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I played a game of Civ4 today.

The poly team doing the multi-forum democracy game (there are a half dozen or so civ sites all fielding teams) is what motivated me to pick up Civ4 again. To compare I haven't played Civ5 in months and months. Probably the better part of a year.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            It is an abomination but rather than being ignored it must be cleansed by fire. While we're at it the entire design team needs to get burned at the stake too.
            When I'm in a time wasting mood, I play with it creatively. Like taking down a 40 city modern Greek AI with 8 units, no indirect fire, no garrisons, It takes a special type of talent to produce a game AI that is worse than what was available 20 years ago.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
            X