FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    It is, however, ****ing stupid. The EC would've been Romney 9 - Obama 4 under this proposal. I don't want you to offer a legal justification; I want a moral one.
    It's no more immoral than Obama getting one-fifth of the electoral votes in a state he lost by 15 percentage points in 2008. I doubt Oerdin and his ilk would be up in arms if it was Texas considering a change like this rather than Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
      Since both parties do that "first thing" when they get elected I don't see that as relevant. As far as obstructing democracy, the Presidentcy has never been about democracy...it has been about the states electing a chief executive to run the union...hence the electoral college.
      I believe I pointed out that one state, at least, has lead the way with ending gerrymandering by taking the power away from the politicians and instead using a math formula where greatest compactness of size, keeping geographical areas all in one district, and having all districts of equal size and population as much as possible. It pretty much removes just about everything politicians use to gerrymander.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        It's no more immoral than Obama getting one-fifth of the electoral votes in a state he lost by 15 percentage points in 2008. I doubt Oerdin and his ilk would be up in arms if it was Texas considering a change like this rather than Virginia.

Yes, that is also stupid.

The Electoral College is ****ing stupid.

I'm glad we're all in agreement.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I love the Electoral College, which keeps all the political ads quarantined in ****ty states like Ohio and Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
            Did you miss my posts about wanting a national popular vote?

Comment

I have been vocally anti-republican gerrymandering for the better part of a decade.
              FTFY.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Yes, that is also stupid.

The Electoral College is ****ing stupid.

I'm glad we're all in agreement.
                It certainly is stupid.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  FTFY.
                  Ben, you're being even more stupid than usual. Was gerrymandering in California some how Republican (well, I guess it was a bipartisan game as they both benefited)? I was pretty vocal about being against that and with my support of the propositions which removed the power to gerrymander from the politicians.

Look, I know you don't let facts get in the way of your lunacy but please at least find something new to make stuff up about. One which I don't have almost a decade long record of ranting about on this forum.

Comment

Ben, you're being even more stupid than usual. Was gerrymandering in California some how Republican (well, I guess it was a bipartisan game as they both benefited)? I was pretty vocal about being against that and with my support of the propositions which removed the power to gerrymander from the politicians.
                    You were vocal against the Democrat gerrymandering in California because you felt it was too generous to Republicans! Seriously. You have no credibility on this issue.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OK, you go back on ignore for being too stupid to live.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        It certainly is stupid.

Tex and I agree on something.

QED, mother****ers.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Republicans cannot win elections on merit or on the appeal of their ideas, so they're resorting to this.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Begging the question how they managed to win election in Virginia in the first place (by a landslide, I might add).
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The party which controls the White House almost always loses seats in the following bi year election. Also low voter turn out in bi years is also why Republicans tend to do better in bi years.

Comment

Isn't the Virginia senate insanely gerrymandered in favor of Democrats, who still lost control of it anyway?

The Virginia House, moreover, is 2/3rds Republican. That requires more than just turnout differences.

Comment

Working...
                                X