Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is this "Martin Luther King" and why does he have his day off today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Ahh, that makes complete sense. So this is a holiday for Black Americans. That makes sense. Thanks rah for explaining it all to me!
    He was instrumental in founding the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Are you not now a Southerner and a Christian?
    He was a leader in the struggle to end the American Apartheid. Are you a supporter of apartheid?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I personally celebrate Uncle Tom's Day on January 21st, but to each his own.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Ahh, that makes complete sense. So this is a holiday for Black Americans. That makes sense. Thanks rah for explaining it all to me!
        Actually it's a holiday for most Americans. Except for the bigots.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He was instrumental in founding the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Are you not now a Southerner and a Christian?
          He was a southerner? Does America honor any other Southerners? I thought Americans hated Southerners. You're telling me that the only civil rights leader worth celebrating was a Southerner?

What denomination was he a part of? I still don't see the connection between Christianity and civil rights. Doesn't everyone believe Christianity supported slavery?

He was a leader in the struggle to end the American Apartheid. Are you a supporter of apartheid?
          Apartheid? You'll have to explain that to me.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            I personally celebrate Uncle Tom's Day on January 21st, but to each his own.
            Classy, as always.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Actually it's a holiday for most Americans. Except for the bigots.
              So, if black people and Americans celebrate it, that means that only black americans aren't bigots. Good to know.

I should write that down so I remember and don't forget.

I'm glad to finally be getting the scoop on America.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                Classy, as always.
                You do know I was making fun of ben, right?
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

This is the most useless thread in the history of Apolyton.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

So, if black people and Americans celebrate it, that means that only black americans aren't bigots.
                    Thanks for proving my third point.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for proving my third point.
                      That everyone who resides outside of America and doesn't celebrate MLK day is a bigot?

Comment

I thought you had a hearing disorder, not a reading disorder.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought you had a hearing disorder, not a reading disorder.
                          Ok, let's see if I understand you correctly.

White people celebrate MLK day to increase their status among other white people. This is why when a White person who celebrates MLK encounters another white person who he believes doesn't celebrate MLK, it damages their own status and they must attempt to attack the other white person to lower their status and increase their own.

Sounds like a helluva holiday.

Comment

to OP

good question, where was today´s volume? damn you NY for determing what the rest of the world should do in valuation of stocks.

btw, where are all the new posters.

Comment

Ok, let's see if I understand you correctly.

White people celebrate MLK day to increase their status among other white people. This is why when a White person who celebrates MLK encounters another white person who doesn't celebrate MLK, it damages their own status and they must attempt to attack the other white person to lower their status and increase their own.

Sounds like a helluva holiday.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Albie, I guess my question is this.

Would Americans be celebrating MLK Day if he wasn't black?

Comment

Working...
                                X