Intelligence correlates with virginity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    My values are what matters to me. I live my life by my own appraisal. You have yours.
    What exactly are your values? It act as if you attach spiritual significance to the United States Marine Corps.

Comment

A bit strange - I agree with Alby. (takes a nitro to control my heart). Who cares if he certainly will fail at his attempt to become a marine - that's his choice.

Fine for HC an KH if they get their dicks hard on earning money, but Alby may have other things that tick him. It's of course a bit sad that he can't get laid, become a mariner and overall probably are a failure, but that's his way of life.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So, I guess Alby will be alright if his employer can be counted on not to fire him for his absence during OCS and whatever the USMC equivalent of BOLC is, and for his 2-3 week absences for AT every year.

Comment

are you saying that american companies isn't patriotic ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm a mutual fund accountant at BNY Mellon. The job is an absolute joke and I wonder why do accountants even require post-secondary degrees? I'll be at OCS in February, though
            Another 90 day wonder FNG to burden some poor E7's life.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

No kidding.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I can't stand doing my job. It's easy as hell but I can't stand it. What is my purpose in life? To ensure that accurate and timely NAV's are on NASDAQ by 6:05pm for Dimensional's funds? Why would I want to do that? Why do I even give a ****ing ****?

Money and security? So what? I happily lived off $20K/year. Who needs more? And is more money going to fill the soulless void of doing something that I don't give a **** about? Is it going to make it worth it for me to wake up in the morning and go to work, continue the insensate routine day after day, week after week, 'yes siring' my way into management, corner offices and meaningless deadlines, advancing up the corporate ladder while my soul descends deeper into a nihilistic pit of crass materialism?
                As opposed to being an assistant mess officer at 29 Palms, assuming you don't wash out?
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                  Another 90 day wonder FNG to burden some poor E7's life.

What makes you think he'll even make it? He's flunked out twice already, and at least once was rejected before the first day after he announced he was going. The saga of albie and usmc ocs is a neverending source of amusement.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    What makes you think he'll even make it? He's flunked out twice already, and at least once was rejected before the first day after he announced he was going. The saga of albie and usmc ocs is a neverending source of amusement.
                    If ever there was someone who fit the term "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children" it's him. I wasn't assuming he'd make it, rather commenting on the "best" possible outcome in the most optimistic case. Actually I'm surprised a two-time washout would even be allowed to apply again. Is this out of some reserves or ROTC horse****? I haven't been around for a while. Last I noticed of him, Albie was still here as Speer playing around with holocaust denial, so I didn't know the current history/obsession with futility.

Comment

I think he may well be overestimating his chances of even being allowed to go; last time his entry was mysteriously held up at the last moment.

Also, he's getting close to the cutoff age by now. Once he reaches it I'm hoping he starts to pay attention to his life rather than his silly obsession.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        I think he may well be overestimating his chances of even being allowed to go; last time his entry was mysteriously held up at the last moment.

Also, he's getting close to the cutoff age by now. Once he reaches it I'm hoping he starts to pay attention to his life rather than his silly obsession.
                        "Mysteriously held up" lol - that must be Albie-speak for "disapproved." It's pretty poor timing as well - due to budget reasons and emphasis on assymetric warfare, Army and USMC are likely to see some RIFfing, and even if he got through, there's no way in hell Albie would get promoted over mustang company grade officers with significant combat experience in the 'stan, let alone all the ringknockers from Canoe U. So at best he'd he'd be out in a few years as an unpromoted O2.

Not everyone is equipped to pay attention to their lives, though. Some people just end up perma-poodles.

Comment

MtG, he's contracted as a reservist. I know promotions in Active Duty become competitive for O4 but they're competitive in the Guard at O3. So if the USMC reserve is anything like ARNG then yeah he's probably stuck at O2 until a company commander somewhere nearby is promoted or retires.

That's if he makes it through OCS.

Hopefully when he eventually gets past the age limit he won't start going for something like PA ARNG instead. Although he might actually be able to make it through that if he went to his state's OCS (which is on weekends instead of all at once).

Comment

Albie's brain should be preserved after his death. Maybe then we will be able to identify what part of the brain is responsible for making good decisions.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              MtG, he's contracted as a reservist. I know promotions in Active Duty become competitive for O4 but they're competitive in the Guard at O3. So if the USMC reserve is anything like ARNG then yeah he's probably stuck at O2 until a company commander somewhere nearby is promoted or retires.

That's if he makes it through OCS.

Hopefully when he eventually gets past the age limit he won't start going for something like PA ARNG instead. Although he might actually be able to make it through that if he went to his state's OCS (which is on weekends instead of all at once).
                              The whole idea of him as any form of officer is pretty frightening. Then again, preventing such atrocities is what cadre is for. I can't even imagine him as a reservist in Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. They must do some form of boot camp ultralight for the weekend ladies. Living close to MCRD in San Diego, I've known a few DIs over the years - no way he'd make it through regular boot camp and graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                                A bit strange - I agree with Alby. (takes a nitro to control my heart). Who cares if he certainly will fail at his attempt to become a marine - that's his choice.
                                More specifically, a Marine officer. He's flatout refused to entertain being enlisted, being enlisted and eventually a Mustang, or looking for employment as a Army Officer. The only combination that's acceptable to him is Marine + Officer. This...this does not bode well for the enlisted personnel under him.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X