No announcement yet.

Starving the beast: the U.S. Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody said the rich needed more subsidies. We just said that America has a high cancer survival rate, then MrFun did some retarded FTFY crap, then I told him that he was fixing an already accurate statement, then you butted in for no ****ing reason.

You are the only person talking about giving subsidies to the rich.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      So anyone who contracts cancer is eligible for medicaid if they don't have insurance?

Comment

It doesn't have to. America overall has an outstanding cancer survival rate. You may want to make it a matter of class warfare, but the fact is that reg's statement was accurate.
        Class warfare??
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Nobody said the rich needed more subsidies. We just said that America has a high cancer survival rate, then MrFun did some retarded FTFY crap, then I told him that he was fixing an already accurate statement, then you butted in for no ****ing reason.

You just love throwing empty words like "class warfare" around. MTG just wanted to put you in your proper place.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            So anyone who contracts cancer is eligible for medicaid if they don't have insurance?
            No, Medicaid is means tested.

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            Class warfare??
            You're the one who inserted some nonsense about rich people into a discussion about overall cancer survival rates. Nobody was talking about rich/poor crap until you came along. So yes, you do seem to want to make it a matter of class warfare. Quit being a lying coward and own up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              We have by far the highest rate of cancer survival in the world.
              You changed this to:

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              We have by far the highest rate of cancer survival among the upper class in the world.
              So yeah, you were the one to start making this discussion about disparities between economic classes. Own up to it.

Comment

So yeah, you were the one to start making this discussion about disparities between economic classes. Own up to it.
                If class warfare means bringing up and discussing topics about issues of inequality, exploitation, and injustice, then I guess "class warfare" is a good thing.

Comment

You're not bringing up and discussing topics. You're regurgitating Huffington Post talking points, and ignoring studies published in peer reviewed journals like Lancet.

Comment

Actually, I butted in because you idiots threadjacked a thread about the US military budget. And all the right wing tools who bring up the old "class warfare" line (it's on page 4 of the Official Republican Tool handbook) do so to try to strawman away from any discussion of reforming a political, economic, tax and regulatory system that is stacked in favor of existing wealth and privilege.

So wheter you're being an unwitting tool, or a simply a witless tool, your parroting of the "class warfare" line is an indirect argument for maintaining the status quo of subsidies for the rich.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• What's the difference in unwitting and witless? Nothing.

On with your discussion.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• That's your excuse? MrFun does that obnoxious FTFY bull**** (the absolute lowest form of online discussion) because reality doesn't match what HuffPo tells him, and you jump in to his defense, and your excuse is that I'm perpetuating the rich supremacist power structure, or some other horse****? People who complain about the rich only prove that they suck at life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          That's your excuse? MrFun does that obnoxious FTFY bull**** (the absolute lowest form of online discussion) because reality doesn't match what HuffPo tells him, and you jump in to his defense, and your excuse is that I'm perpetuating the rich supremacist power structure, or some other horse****? People who complain about the rich only prove that they suck at life.
                          I did that FTFY remark to make the point that the study that was linked may be flawed if it based cancer survival rate only among the wealthy and upper middle class (eg. those who can afford to get the care they need).

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                            That's your excuse? MrFun does that obnoxious FTFY bull**** (the absolute lowest form of online discussion) because reality doesn't match what HuffPo tells him, and you jump in to his defense, and your excuse is that I'm perpetuating the rich supremacist power structure, or some other horse****? People who complain about the rich only prove that they suck at life.
                            I'm not jumping to his defense. I'm trolling your ass because you go for it like a starving large mouth bass going for a bullfrog.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              I did that FTFY remark to make the point that the study that was linked may be flawed if it based cancer survival rate only among the wealthy and upper middle class (eg. those who can afford to get the care they need).
                              Do you have any evidence to support this claim? Is The Lancet only basing its findings on what happens to rich people? I'm not going to spend 30 bucks to buy their full article and find out, but if you have a source who can support your claim, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                                I'm not jumping to his defense. I'm trolling your ass because you go for it like a starving large mouth bass going for a bullfrog.
                                I get it now. MtG is never wrong, and when it appears that he is, he's just "trolling." Because it's easier to claim that you're just a really good troll than to ever admit that you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X