No announcement yet.

Happy Apocalypse Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. The Mayans are actually the lost 14th tribe of Israel, after all. They came over with the 13th tribe, but decided they preferred human sacrifice to multiple wives and split off early.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      If this is a Mayan apocalypse, do Christians still get raptured?
      They do still not get raptured.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        Zombies post on OT!!!
        Actually, I was raptured due to a rounding error. (Beats being raptored, which happened to a lot of people who got in the way of Jesus while he was riding his dinosaur around ... )

Comment

I foretell a lot of crying and wiling among those religious fundamentalists who set all their hopes into apocalypse now
          Obviously not Christian religious fundies.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            If I lived in Detroit I'd wish for the apocalypse also...

Also, there should be a Midwestern Polymeet for you, Guy, the Chicagoans, maybe Mad Monk if he comes out of his Missouri bunker... all of us who have to put up with Sava being within five hundred miles basically
            I lived in Troy, MI. Only worked in Detroit. I enjoyed the city.

Comment

I was in Cancun for the fortuitous day. I'd let you all in on what happened, but then I'd have to kill you.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Also, there should be a Midwestern Polymeet for you, Guy, the Chicagoans, maybe Mad Monk if he comes out of his Missouri bunker... all of us who have to put up with Sava being within five hundred miles basically
                Rochester is 522 miles from Chicago. Does that count?

Comment

Didn't the apocalypse already happen there?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes, it did. Please tell us about how that's because of right wing nut job evangelicals, preppers, and evil corporate special interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Obviously not Christian religious fundies.
                      Seems like you´re right ...
                      even the majority of the people at the RaptureReady-Forum seem to have been sceptical about this Apocalypse.
                      Which is interesting, considering that they usually seem to be the first ones to believe in any apocalyptic prophecies.

Well, maybe it was because this Prophecy was based on (mis)interpreting some bloody heathen calendar and not on any "prophecies" by christian preachers
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Some New Agers might have believed it. I noticed on fb that after it started to become obvious that this was not the end of the world they changed their theology to be that it was a new era of enlightenment.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          I noticed on fb that after it started to become obvious that this was not the end of the world they changed their theology to be that it was a new era of enlightenment.
                          Well, they are now more enlightened about 2012 not being the end of the world, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy ...

Comment

On a related note, if anyone is interested I have about 437 m^3 of spam I'm selling at unheard of prices ...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              Well, they are now more enlightened about 2012 not being the end of the world, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy ...
                              I believe they call it a paradigm shift.
                              Last edited by Kidlicious; December 25, 2012, 10:50.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X