Homosexuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    You mean to the point where homosexuals would only comprise, say, 10% of the population?
    They are not 10% of the population.

Comment

More like five percent.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        They are not 10% of the population.
        I don't understand what point you're trying to make. You say that if homosexuality were genetic then there wouldn't be very many homosexuals, therefore MrFun is dumb for believing that homosexuality is genetic. Then you agree that there aren't very many homosexuals, which supports the belief that homosexuality may be genetic. What the hell?
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Wouldn't homosexuality pretty much approach zero?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            The gene for sickle-cell anemia should have been bred out of existence, except that if you've got one gene for sickle-cell anemia then you're resistant to malaria, hence the reason that the gene for sickle-cell anemia has survived. If there's a genetic component to homosexuality then it might be something along the same lines - I dunno, maybe two gay genes makes you gay, and one gay gene makes you a good listener.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I think it's still a lot more likely that homosexuality is largely environmental, as we see other sexual deviancies occurring because of things that happen at an early age, like child abuse and so forth (not to suggest that homosexuality is due to child abuse).
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

One theory is that homosexuals help support their kingroup without reproducing, thereby allowing more resources to be directed to others' children and improving their survival. Groups with this advantage would survive better than those without, thus allowing the gene to be passed.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

There's things about the theory of evolution that just don't makes sense.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                    Regardless, it still undercuts the right wing fundy nutjob bit that it's a chosen behavior that can be "cured" by therapy.
                    Maybe if they gestate again before they are 'born again'?
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

And importantly — in order to satisfy the rules of Darwinian selection — the researchers noted through their mathematical modeling that these epigenetic characteristics can easily proliferate in the population because they increase the fitness of the parent; these epi-marks normally protect parents from natural variation in sex hormone levels during fetal development. They only rarely reduce the fitness of offspring.
                      The following errors occurred with your submission

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Comment

Anything can happen with evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                          Regardless, it still undercuts the right wing fundy nutjob bit that it's a chosen behavior that can be "cured" by therapy.
                          The behavior is definitely chosen. Human beings are the only homosexual creatures.

Comment

That is actually wrong, and actually subverts the 'gay uncle' theory as homosexuality occurs in animals where there are no family social structures.

In some animal groups there have been a correlation observed between the pollution in the animals environment and the observed occurrences of homosexuality.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That is actually wrong, and actually subverts the 'gay uncle' theory as homosexuality occurs in animals where there are no family social structures.

In some animal groups there have been a correlation observed between the pollution in the animals environment and the observed occurrences of homosexuality.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

JM
                                Animals are only homosexual creatures for the purpose of procreation though. There are some exceptions, but my point is that human beings are the only creatures who engage in homosexual behavior to the reason that they do, because they simply have a preference for the same sex. Animals have instincts, but human beings make choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X