So about that abortion thing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    I guess that will be a salient point when someone invents an artificial womb that a fetus can be relocated to.
    And when that happens, your accusation that I only want to control women will be shown for the lie that it is.

Are there serious issues preventing the development of artificial wombs? I mean, is it completely impractical like FTL travel, or just insanely expensive like Apollo?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
      apparently, you're about as fashionably late to this party as Oerdin is.
      If you lick a frozen metal flagpole, you'll be stuck to it. Does that mean you'd be twenty feet tall? Being attached to something doesn't mean it's a part of your body.

Comment

Is Jerry Falwell also a minor figure? Or is he exonerated because he later "changed his views" when supporting segregation was too inconvenient?
        Did Falwell say he was going to the rafters because of Bob Jones's tax issues? Was Falwell's church or Liberty University ever targeted for tax issues due to denial of equal rights to blacks?

How many leaps are you going to try to make on this line of argument?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
          And when that happens, your accusation that I only want to control women will be shown for the lie that it is.

Are there serious issues preventing the development of artificial wombs? I mean, is it completely impractical like FTL travel, or just insanely expensive like Apollo?
          Did I claim that controlling women is your exclusive objective? You certainly want it as a means to an end.

Of course it's not impractical since there's no reason it should require more resources than a woman's body does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            Did Falwell say he was going to the rafters because of Bob Jones's tax issues? Was Falwell's church or Liberty University ever targeted for tax issues due to denial of equal rights to blacks?

How many leaps are you going to try to make on this line of argument?
            Did he care about Bob Jones paying taxes, directly? No. Did he care about the possibility that other religious organizations could lose tax exempt status in the future? Quite possibly. Was he a racist? Most definitely.

Comment

Did he care about the possibility that other religious organizations could lose tax exempt status in the future? Quite possibly.
              Please let me know which other large religious organizations in the 1970s were in danger of losing tax exempt status due to racial policies aside from Bob Jones and the Church of Latter Day Saints (ie, the Mormons).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Please let me know which other large religious organizations in the 1970s were in danger of losing tax exempt status due to racial policies aside from Bob Jones and the Church of Latter Day Saints (ie, the Mormons).
                Why is this relevant? If religious organizations can be denied tax exempt status for being racist, what's to stop them from losing tax exempt status due to other issues at some point in the future if they lack the political power to stop it?

Comment

Did I claim that controlling women is your exclusive objective? You certainly want it as a means to an end.
                  We control everybody in society as a means to an end, and that end is to defend people's rights. If we could protect people without controlling others that would be ideal. Sadly some people think that their personal whims are more important than the rights of others, and those people must be restrained. To do otherwise would be to abdicate our responsibilities to the weak and powerless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    We control everybody in society as a means to an end, and that end is to defend people's rights. If we could protect people without controlling others that would be ideal. Sadly some people think that their personal whims are more important than the rights of others, and those people must be restrained. To do otherwise would be to abdicate our responsibilities to the weak and powerless.
                    The forms of control that apply to everyone are fundamentally different from forcing someone to harbor a parasite inside their body against their will.

Comment

• Waiting on DinoDoc's page 3 picture...

Mix it up this time, make it from the Ottawa Sun or something. Canadian women > British women.
                      Last edited by regexcellent; November 16, 2012, 16:59.

Comment

Why is this relevant? If religious organizations can be denied tax exempt status for being racist, what's to stop them from losing tax exempt status due to other issues at some point in the future if they lack the political power to stop it?
                        How far can you reach? I'm curious now.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          Waiting on DinoDoc's page 3 picture...

Mix it up this time, make it from the Ottawa Sun or something. Canadian woman > British women.
                          Counterpoint: Keeley Hazell.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm talking about on average, but I take your point.

Comment

How far can you reach? I'm curious now.
                              No farther than the person I quoted, dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                              X