No announcement yet.

Can Dreams Count as Valid Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Dreams Count as Valid Experiences?

Let's say, for example, that you had the unfortunate dream of a loved one dying. After you wake, could you then claim that you experienced the death of said loved one?
    Yes
    36.36%
    No
    36.36%
    Invalid poll option
    27.27%
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

I voted before reading the OP like a true liberal. I apologize, I thought the poll will be about "can dreams count towards work experience", and the only answer to that one is "yes".
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Voted yes. It's all in your brain anyway.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

who is to say what is dream and what is reality?
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          Woah. That's like...deep, man. Keanu Reaves deep.
          Last edited by Zevico; November 13, 2012, 04:12.
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

he was good in Things to do in Denver when you are dead
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Zevico wins post of the day. Again.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If this were the case, are you a virgin after your first wet dream?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

No, to all of this silly ****.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Your in the minority Sloww.

In a related issue: How do you keep a cat from killing a small gecko when you want them both the roam freely around the house?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                      Your in the minority Sloww.

In a related issue: How do you keep a cat from killing a small gecko when you want them both the roam freely around the house?
                      My recommendation (and the state of affairs here) is to have lots of geckos roaming the house. That way they can breed faster than the cats can kill them.

Benefits:

Cat can wander the house freely
                      Gecko can wander the house freely
                      Save on cat food
                      Real life National Geographic

Drawbacks:

Geckos don't seem to like to use litter boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                        All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The answer is "yes" in that dreaming about the death of a loved one can be legitimately disturbing, but the answer is "no" in that if somebody says "my mom died " then you should not say "I can totally empathize, I dreamed about my mom dying," or worse, "I can totally empathize, I dreamed about your mom dying."
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

So much for bereavement time.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

After all my wet dreams, I would be a stud.

Comment

Working...
                              X