No announcement yet.

Any interest in a 'Poly writers' group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in a 'Poly writers' group?

I'll try to keep this short and sweet: would anybody on here be interested in forming a kind of virtual writers' group? I thought about joining one, but then realized, hey, these are total strangers. I have no particular reason to respect their judgment, especially since my experience from creative writing classes is that most people aren't too hot at critique. My experience is also that most people, even the ones who like to write, are really pretty terrible writers. Like, so bad it hurts to read their efforts. I know there's at least one other person on here who aspires to write, and almost everybody here is at least coherent and intelligent.

Alternatively, does anybody here belong to a cool online writers' group that would be open to a new member? There's a local writers' group where I live, and it's not bad, but they don't meet often and aren't really into speculative fiction. I'm currently writing a weird bit of theological fantasy...

While I was writing this, my son discovered that it is fun to lean on the side of the tub and dip his genitals repeatedly in the warm water. Just thought you'd like to know that, if only so some of you can try it yourselves.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I've always preferred writers groups with strangers, so I can be brutally honest without having to worry about seeing those people again.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Can't. Lost my muse. Also I have to go take a bath.

(And I don't remember if we got feedback on our critiques in the Creative Writing class I took, so I may be no good at critiquing. My writing is allegedly pretty good but I'm surrounded by liars).
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Wordforge is supposedly a forum for writers though honestly not much in the way of writing seems to be done there.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Elok, I'm happy to edit and critique. PM me if you want me to take a look at your stuff. Depending on the length will probably take a couple business days.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Business days? Are you going to charge him for your crappy opinions?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN YOUR WRITER'S GROUP BY THE WAY YOUR SON IS "MASTURBATING"

Comment

Sounds lovely but I would not be contributing, as I only write for money.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

same here, I write all day and edit others, no money, no honey baby
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You guys are doing it wrong. People pay me not to write.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Business days? Are you going to charge him for your crappy opinions?
                      Elok? No.

You? Yes.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sure, why not? I'd be happy to offer a fresh pair of eyes.
                        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                        X