Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Times Do You Need to Be Told Something Before You Believe It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Times Do You Need to Be Told Something Before You Believe It?

We hear things that aren't true all the time. Thanks to television and the internet, we can be inundated with these messages. Despite their obvious falseness, the evidence to the contrary, people believe them. As the message goes on, more and more believe it. So, on average, how many times do you need to hear something before you believe it?
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    11-20
    0.00%
    21-50
    25.00%
    51-100
    0.00%
    101+
    50.00%
    Not Sure
    25.00%
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

How many times must a man look up before he can see the sky?

Comment

Yes, and how many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry?

Comment

And how many deaths will it take till he knows that too many people have died?

(let's milk this for all it's worth)
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

There is a disturbing lack of a banana option in that poll.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It depends on how sexy the person is.

Comment

The Buddha nature of a man can be found only by one who looks for it.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                The Buddha nature of a man can be found only by one who looks for it.
                No, you just need to see enough commercials.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  It depends on how sexy the person is.
                  I found it depends on how many drinks they've had.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I do wonder about all these people who were told to evacuate from coastal areas but didn't and who didn't even bother to stock up on basic things like canned food, bottled water, candles, or even blankets. I mean they were told almost a week ahead of time that the storm was coming and that it would be really bad but they didn't do any sort of preparation at all? How dumb can you be?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Perhaps they simply weren't told enough.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Maybe some people thought Frankenstorm was a lie cooked up by Teenage Mutant Ninja Bunnies.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I love it how the reason why liberals can't figure out why people reject their ideas is because they believe it hasn't been told hard enough.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If I am told that it "tastes great" and is "less filling", I believe it.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                            X