God unleashes his anger on giant cowboy statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God unleashes his anger on giant cowboy statue

Big Tex, the beloved 52-foot-tall cowboy who’s watched over the State Fair of Texas for decades, caught on fire Friday morning and was quickly burnt to a crisp.

He was 60.

Big Tex is toast. The tallest talking Texan will no longer say “Hoooowwwdeee, fooolllllks!” at this year’s fair, which ends Sunday. But State Fair officials say the icon will be rebuilt in time for next year.

Hundreds gathered in Big Tex Circle to watch the big guy go up in flames. Many stood in tears. Others snapped pictures with their smartphones, spreading the news online as quickly as the fire spread up Big Tex. They reminisced about the good-lookin’ folksy fair mascot who first arrived at Fair Park in 1952.

No one was injured.
    State fair officials should know better than to attempt to thwart God's judgment.

RIP Big Tex.
    I'm confident he'll be back next year.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

"Many stood in tears." Really?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

"Many stood in tears." Really?
        It's an institution here. Where are you again, Kidicious?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          It's an institution here. Where are you again, Kidicious?
          Tulsa, OK.

Comment

And you have a hard time understanding TX? Ok.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              And you have a hard time understanding TX? Ok.

We think you are silly people.

Comment

Well that's one area where the Okies are 100% correct .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You would think the Texas government would have better things to spend their money on than giant eyesores.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It cost something like $750 dollars at the time it was bought, numb nuts.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Which is probably what a house would cost now. How old were you then Tex?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        It cost something like $750 dollars at the time it was bought, numb nuts.
                        Let the private sector build it. Waste of taxpayer money.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                          Let the private sector build it. Waste of taxpayer money.
                          No! If it's big irritating and unnecessary it must be a government project.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Not even god likes Texas.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A Black Day in Texas. I remember seeing the mouth trying to move with the announcer "welcome to Czechoslovakia Day..."

Now everything at the State fair is fried. The Chicken. The Oreos. The Butter. Big Tex.

He'll be back next year.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                              X