Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do attorneys I know have no analytical skills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do attorneys I know have no analytical skills?

I know quite a few attorneys and have gotten into debates with them about taxes and the economy but their minds can't seem to comprehend basic economics. There was one who approached me with an interest in econ and wanted me to teach him the basics. No matter how much time and energy I spent, he couldn't wrap his head around supply and demand and how price controls create distortions.

What gives?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

You're probably not a very good teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      You're probably not a very good teacher.
      Words I've never heard in my life.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Were these attorneys employed as your fellow bellhops at the hotel? Because if so then they're probably bad attorneys.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Words I've never heard in my life.
          I didn't know Philadelphians were so polite.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            Were these attorneys employed as your fellow bellhops at the hotel? Because if so then they're probably bad attorneys.
            No. They work for law firms.

Comment

In the mail room?

Comment

Actually one is a public defender.

Comment

Mystery solved

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    Mystery solved

Comment

Because they are Zionists, Al.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

They're lawyers... Critical thinking is actually detrimental to the job.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Why don't I know smart attorneys ?
                          Because you are a narrow-minded individual, living in a ghetto, refusing to do something about it, and, consequently, anything you know is not representative for the real world ?
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I know quite a few attorneys and have gotten into debates with them about taxes and the economy but their minds can't seem to comprehend basic economics. There was one who approached me with an interest in econ and wanted me to teach him the basics. No matter how much time and energy I spent, he couldn't wrap his head around supply and demand and how price controls create distortions.

What gives?
                            Why did it take you so long to get into the field that you studied?

I mean, seriously Alby, you of all people should think about glass houses and throwing stones.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                            X