Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. House of Representatives- your predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. House of Representatives- your predictions?

I'm guessing the Democrats will win the popular vote by a small margin and have a net gain of one seat. The 113th Congress will have a House with 194 Democrats and 241 Republicans.

Democrats up about 15-20 but not enough to take control.

Comment

My prediction is that Guy will rush into the House with a machine gun blazing, shouting, "TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE FELLAS!"
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        Democrats up about 15-20 but not enough to take control.
        Yep.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

What, I thought Romney was supposed to have the opposite effect?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            My prediction is that Guy will rush into the House with a machine gun blazing, shouting, "TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE FELLAS!"
            Could we hire him to do a grand tour in Europe as well ?
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              I'm guessing the Democrats will win the popular vote by a small margin and have a net gain of one seat. The 113th Congress will have a House with 194 Democrats and 241 Republicans.
              I was right about the popular vote but it looks like D/R is 200/235. Well done, Republican legislatures.

Comment

Gerrymandering is making incumbents more entrenched than ever. That there even exists a district that would send Michelle Bachmann to Congress over and over again is depressing.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm considering it.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

But I'm sure Boris finds it perfectly acceptable that there's a district which sends Barbara Lee to Congress year after year.

People have different preferences. I'm sure you could cobble together 600,000 people who support Michelle Bachmann for Congress in lots of places.

Comment

Some version of this scenario.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

send Nancy Pelosi to Congress over and over again is depressing.
                        FTFY Boris.

Bachmann doesn't even run in a Red state FFS.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Please change your country flag back to something that isn't Great Britain, it shames British people that you claim an association.

Comment

Judging a member of Congress according to the state they're from instead of their individual actions and statements makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              But I'm sure Boris finds it perfectly acceptable that there's a district which sends Barbara Lee to Congress year after year.
                              While there certainly would be comparably unpalatable Democrats, Lee wouldn't be one of them, in my view. She's extremely liberal, sure. But Bachmann isn't merely extremely conservative: she's a hatemonger.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X