Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not ever going to retire.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      I'm not ever going to retire.
      Because you're going to die at 45? Actually, no kids means you're probably going to live to 120.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Because you're going to die at 45? Actually, no kids means you're probably going to live to 120.
        Yes, actually if you have kids the years are subtracted from your life and given to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Yes, actually if you have kids the years are subtracted from your life and given to them.
          Yes. Not only do they shorten your lifespan but the years you do have are all theirs.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I'm afraid I'd get bored in retirement.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'll have some shorts for you to wear so you can go golfing.

Comment

• Senior citizen snowboarding is a thing right?

Comment

Ditto. Besides, retirement kills. We've all seen it.

I have no intention to retire but I do intend to work less as I get older.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I have no intention of getting older.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      I have no intention of getting older.
                      Good. You already look about 35

Comment

• I can't help it if I carry myself with dignity.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          I can't help it if I carry myself with dignity.
                          You've weathered a hard life.

Comment

• Yup. The wealthy suburbs of DC do wear a man down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              My understanding, and I do not do this, is that someone who expects to retire at the 'normal' time with the standard of living they are use to should be saving about 54% of their take home pay.

JM
                              Why don"t you run the numbers yourself and see how retarded this is?
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Actually, that was from a retirement calculator. I don't remember which one.

I think it includes the expectation that I would not be receiving social security/etc.

It might also include that I don't expect to be able to save in the near future (I have to pay off student loans/etc first), in which case it isn't likely to be relevant for others.

JM
                                Last edited by Jon Miller; August 4, 2012, 07:24.
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X