Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to a conclusion that I'm against gay marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    So getting tax incentives is a human rights abuse?
    Wiglaf, a heterosexual, wants to get tax breaks without having to actually have any screaming little brats, but seeks to deny this to homosexuals because it's not in his interest for them to have tax breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Except that that's not the case. They are being permitted to see their partner in the hospital. They are upset that their partner died before they got there.
      No, you disingenuous tool.

They brought their partner to the hospital! The partner died within the next 8 hours while bigots like you argued that they can't see their partner.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
        YOU ARE ASKING FOR TAX INCENTIVES

THESE DO NOT GROW ON TREES

THEY TAKE AWAY GOVERNMENTS MONEY

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING
        Do CAPS make your illogical argument sound more convincing? Nope.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Wiglaf, a heterosexual, wants to get tax breaks without having to actually have any screaming little brats, but seeks to deny this to homosexuals because it's not in his interest for them to have tax breaks.
          I don't plan on marrying anyone for a long time, if ever, I do NOT. Frankly the thought of having to have sex with the same woman for the rest of my life is just repulsive, and three of my friends who have married (keep in mind all are well under 30, how's that for a story?) have divorced already. Among my married friends who are not divorced, they all seem to have a very clingy and dependent relationship that will eventually crush them emotionally. My parents and dead grandparents lived in a different era, when marriage meant something, and when people really committed to one another, but then the gays and the progressives and the foreigners came onto the scene and ruined it and made love into a gigantic tax break. If I had to choose one kitchen appliance I could never live without, it would be the refrigerator.

Comment

Frankly the thought of having to have sex with the same woman for the rest of my life is just repulsive ...
            Interesting that you do not claim you would find having sex with the same guy for the rest of your life repulsive ...

Comment

• That's because I AM GAY

Comment

• Viet-nam is considering legalizing gay marriage -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...riage-equal-r/

HANOI — Dinh Thi Hong Loan grasps her girlfriend’s hand, and the two gaze into each other’s love-struck eyes. Smiling, they talk about their upcoming wedding — how they will exchange rings and toast the beginning of their lives together.

The lesbians’ marriage ceremony in the Vietnamese capital won’t be officially recognized, but that could soon change. Vietnam's Communist government is considering whether to allow same-sex couples to marry or legally register and receive rights — positioning the country to be the first in Asia to do so.

Even longtime gay-rights activists are stunned by the Justice Ministry’s proposal to include same-sex couples in its overhaul of the country’s marriage law.

No one knows what form it will take or whether it will survive long enough to be debated before the National Assembly next year, but supporters say the fact that it’s even being considered is a victory in a region where simply being gay can result in jail sentences or whippings with a rattan cane.

“I think everyone is surprised,” said Vien Tanjung, an Indonesian gay-rights activist. “Even if it’s not successful it’s already making history. For me, personally, I think it’s going to go through.”

Vietnam seems an unlikely champion of gay-rights issues. It is routinely lambasted by the international community over its dismal human rights record, often locking up political dissidents who call for democracy or religious freedom.

Up until just a few years ago, homosexuality was labeled as a “social evil” alongside drug addiction and prostitution.

And Vietnam’s gay community itself was once so underground that few groups or meeting places existed. It was taboo to even talk about the issue.

But over the past five years, that’s slowly started to change. Vietnam’s state-run media, unable to write about politically sensitive topics or openly criticize the one-party government, have embraced the chance to explore gay issues. They have run lengthy newspaper stories and television broadcasts, including one live special that won a top award.

Video of Vietnam’s first publicized gay wedding went viral online in 2010, and a few other ceremonies followed, capturing widespread public attention.

The Justice Ministry now says a legal framework is necessary because the courts do not know how to handle disputes between same-sex couples living together. The new law could provide rights such as owning property, inheriting and adopting children.

“I think, as far as human rights are concerned, it’s time for us to look at the reality,” Justice Minister Ha Hung Cuong said Tuesday in an online chat broadcast on national TV and radio. “The number of homosexuals has mounted to hundreds of thousands. It’s not a small figure. They live together without registering marriage. They may own property. We, of course, have to handle these issues legally.”

Globally, 11 countries have legalized same-sex marriage since the Netherlands became the first to do so in 2001. Only a few U.S. states allow it, but President Obama provided hope for many couples worldwide after announcing his support earlier this year.
                Well done America!
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Does it cross a line or does it sting to hear someone's callousness in a situation where your limited IQ finally lets you comprehend?

You're the one dismissing the plight of dying people who are being discriminated against with "**** happens". Don't you see how that can be incredibly offensive and insensitive?

To be quite frank, there's no lines to cross with you here. You're so beneath human that rules will not apply. You are constantly here arguing to take away my rights, belitting my life with my partner, twisting everything that's said, and in general being an intolerable ******* bigot.

If you're not going to be banned for the **** you do, you're open season. Get used to it. You're a piece of ****, and that's exactly how you will be treated.
                  I disagree. Ignore Ben or whatever but when you cross lines yourself, you are diminishing yourself not him.

The idiocy of Ben's argument is pretty clear. It's clearly not special status for a homosexual partner to want the same rights and obligations as heterosexual partners.

People see Ben for what he is. getting in the gutter with him doesn't really highlight it any more than his own behavior already does
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You fool. We want to encourage child raising, not stupidity.
                    There are lots of lesbian couples who have kids .... no surprise, considering that many lesbians first try to have a normal family and only later in their lives discover that they are more attracted to women
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Sir Elton & his partner have a kid. My only concern in that instance is the age of the parents.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        Sir Elton & his partner have a kid. My only concern in that instance is the age of the parents.

There are many gay couples that raise children. Hell the " room parent" in my daughters kindergarten was a gay man. He was a stay at home caregiver while his husband worked
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Then why do kids routinely use the insult "***" and bully their gay classmates? Seems evolved to me. Got to cast out the less productive from the herd.
                          I seem to recall kids routinely using the word "n****r" until it became unfashionable, and they started getting punished for it.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                            I disagree. Ignore Ben or whatever but when you cross lines yourself, you are diminishing yourself not him.

The idiocy of Ben's argument is pretty clear. It's clearly not special status for a homosexual partner to want the same rights and obligations as heterosexual partners.

People see Ben for what he is. getting in the gutter with him doesn't really highlight it any more than his own behavior already does

Ditto for "debating" with him.

If you people would stop feeding the troll he really would go away...
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• They brought their partner to the hospital! The partner died within the next 8 hours while bigots like you argued that they can't see their partner.
                              That's not what your earlier post said...

Where have I argued they shouldn't be able to see their partner? Bueller? Bueller?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So, lets assume that 5% of the around 40 Mio couples (taken from the statistic before) remain childless for all of their life, That is ~4 million people who intentionally cheat on american society by getting unjustified tax reductions and other privilegues and in turn not doing their duty for which these privilegues were intended.
                                How many of these are young enough to have children when they marry? Some, sure, but not all.

I actually agree with you here - there's a difference between infertility and choosing to be infertile. If you are young enough to have children, and choose to remain childless - then you shouldn't be getting married.

(and wouldn´t be homosexual couples who really like to adopt children and raise them far better recipients for tax reductions (and other benefits) than heterosexual couples who remain childless for all of their lifes?)
                                No, because children have a right to a father and a mother. They shouldn't be adopting in the first place - especially not when there is a shortage of children available for adoption.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X