No announcement yet.

So what exactly is the beef with Civ V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm saying that we all play on a LAN because of the PKers on BNet. It is a criticism of DIII that it no longer permits us to play like we want to play.
    BUT THERE ARE NO PKERS IN DIABLO 3! You make no ****ing sense. If there's another reason why you want to play LAN, say it! But don't go saying you had to play LAN because of a problem that doesn't exist in Diablo 3 and say that's why you hate Diablo 3!

I'm saying it's a terrible game for me, in that it does not permit me to play single player, offline.
    Are you still on dialup? Doesn't everyone here in America have 24/7 internet?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If there's another reason why you want to play LAN, say it! But don't go saying you had to play LAN because of a problem that doesn't exist in Diablo 3 and say that's why you hate Diablo 3!
      My friends and I played over a LAN, yes, and we prefer playing that way. Diablo III doesn't let us do that, so Diablo III isn't offering what we want in a Diablo game.

Are you still on dialup? Doesn't everyone here in America have 24/7 internet?
      I prefer playing Diablo single player. I usually play Diablo hardcore and untwinked and test out some different builds to see how they do. I can play HC at my own pace. I can play for a bit - get up, leave the game, and come back to it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I usually play Diablo hardcore and untwinked and test out some different builds to see how they do.
        What is 'untwinked'?

You realize you can play Diablo 3 single player right?

You realize there's no more 'builds', right?

The game is mediocre but at least don't like the game for the right reasons. You're just making **** up now.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What is 'untwinked'?
          Untwinked - "Character uses only those items that they found themselves". It makes the game significantly harder because you aren't being rushed and you aren't saving equipment on mules to help the character.

I will be starting up a game in a little while. HC, untwinked, statless, solo, summon only Necro run to Hell Baal. No curses, no poison. I find that build quite enjoyable, but it's not an online friendly build. It's rather slow and because of the minions tends to make people lag. So when I'm online I usually play Frenzy Barbs. Last run made it to NM Icy Cellar, and got KO'd because of me being inattentive.

You realize you can play Diablo 3 single player right?
          Not offline. Do I really want to battle the evil lag demon, Diablo's frightful mistress?

You're just making **** up now.
          Why do you always tell people who talk about things you don't understand as 'making things up.' No, I assure you I'm not making anything up.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• So basically you have ****ty internet is your issue with Battlenet. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• So basically you have ****ty internet is your issue with Battlenet. Thanks for clarifying.
              My issue is they turned a single player game into an MMORPG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                My issue is they turned a single player game into an MMORPG.
                WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

You can still play SINGLE PLAYER!

MMO with only 4 players per game, LESS than the 8 in Diablo 2

If anything D2 was the MMO!

Comment

• uh, presence of online multiplayer != MMORPG

Comment

• I don't think Ben understands that you can still play single player Diablo 3. You have to be online but it's still singleplayer with just you in the game.

Comment

• Why does single player have to be online, ffs?

Comment

Why does single player have to be online, ffs?
                        Combat piracy.

Comment

Not offline. Do I really want to battle the evil lag demon, Diablo's frightful mistress?

Comment

• Combat piracy.
                            Lame. You sure it has nothing to do with the Auction house.

Comment

• Albie - you ever play Hardcore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Combat piracy.
                                a quick google search reveals plenty of pirate copies of the game.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X