Turn-ons and Turn-offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn-ons and Turn-offs

Pretty easy: which of the above are turn-ons or turn-offs? Any absolute deal-breakers?

Elaborate as necessary. For example, you make like tongue-piercings, but think that nose piercings are booger collectors.
    Tattoos - Turn-on
    3.11%
    Tattoos - Turn-off
    10.56%
    Piercings - Turn-on
    3.11%
    Piercings - Turn-off
    11.18%
    Dyed hair - Turn-on
    4.35%
    Dyed hair - Turn-off
    8.07%
    Grills - Turn-on
    0.62%
    Grills - Turn-off
    10.56%
    Weaves - Turn-on
    0.00%
    Weaves - Turn-off
    11.18%
    Dentures - Turn-on
    0.00%
    Dentures - Turn-off
    11.18%
    Lots of jewelry - Turn-on
    1.24%
    Lots of jewelry Turn-off
    13.04%
    Color changing contact lenses - Turn-on
    1.86%
    Color changing contact lenses - Turn-off
    9.94%
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

I don't care about any of those. It's things like heroin addiction or criminal records for violence that are deal breakers for me.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Turn-ons: brains, confidence.
      Turn-offs: people who care about the crap listed in this poll.

Well, except grills. A tasty barbeque is always a definite turn-on.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I, personally, just don't like piercings. Even ears piercings, I could do without.

Of course, these aren't the only factors in attraction, but people have their preferences. Looking at my selections, I don't seem to mind color changes, but do dislike the addition of objects like rings, fake hair, or clothes.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Men with long hair turn me off. Also, body piercings generally turn me off as well.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Men in general turn me off.

Ear piercings are fine. Others are not. Tattoos are just another way of saying pay me less and don't take me seriously. I don't take people with tattoos seriously.

Comment

ON almost everything in the poll my response is that it depends

Tatoos-- I like a tatooless woman and a LOPT of body art MIGHT be a turn off but sometimes one or two well placed small tatoos can be a naughty surprise.

Dentures? Usually they are so well done, how would you know unless she popped them out ?
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Well, except grills. A tasty barbeque is always a definite turn-on.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                  ON almost everything in the poll my response is that it depends

Tatoos-- I like a tatooless woman and a LOPT of body art MIGHT be a turn off but sometimes one or two well placed small tatoos can be a naughty surprise.

Dentures? Usually they are so well done, how would you know unless she popped them out ?
                  Also, no teeth
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Dyed hair is quite cool...like it. Piercings are a definite turn off for me (beyond ear piercings anyway).
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Normal dyed hair say to cover up gray matching your natural color ok, but the pink and the blue crap well it's just CRAP!! Who has blue hair unless your 90! One or two small tasteful tatoos well placed out of view is acceptable.
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

We are like total opposites then.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Tattoos, small, tasteful ones are fine. Otherwise, major turnoff. If I wanted to go with the hood, I'd date in the hood. Since I'm not in the hood, I don't want you bringing the hood to me.

Piercings? Ears, don't care. Lip, Nose, elsewhere? Gross.

Dyed hair - depends on the color. Natural colors, fine, I don't mind. Hot Pink? Eh, someone else, please.

Grills as in braces? Had them for a long time. They are a pain in the ass. So no.

Weaves, like cornrows? If I wanted to date the hood, I'd date in the hood.

Dentures? Meh. Turn off but not a deal breaker.

Lots of Jewelery? I prefer the girl next door, tyvm.

Color changing eyes? No thank you.

Things I do like.

Long hair., Please.

Dresses + Sundresses.

Less makeup rather than more with a nice perfume.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It doesn't matter what your turn offs or turn ons are, BK.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ear piercings fine. Body piercings are gross. Tattoos are stupid.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X