D.C./Maryland area polymeet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Well, lessee...we've got Kuci coming from...NoVa or DC, I'm not sure. I think DanS is D.C. Felch is Germantown, Lori's Silver Spring--both NW of DC. I'm half an hour from the Bay Bridge, on the BuFu Eastern Shore. And I you're from somewhere rather deeper in VA, I gather? Somewhere pretty close to DC seems to be the fairest option. Perhaps even DC itself, if somebody knows a good restaurant. Preferably west DC, since IIRC the whole east side is sketchy as all get out.
    There's a decent chance I'll be coming as well.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

28th works for me.

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
      D.C.

Watch out for the speeding State Department SUVs and the blacks. The green line is misnamed if you ask me.
      If you're there, Wiglaf, I'll name a black hole after you once I become an astronomer.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

28th is good.

Comment

I might be able to make the 28th.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

3 months too late with this proposal for DC...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Awesomeness. So, sometime in the afternoon on the 28th, at a decent place in Dupont Circle? Or would evening be better for most of you? Afternoon's better for me, but then the rest of you might be interested in the beer...
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I have no interest in beer, but yes, I suspect that others do.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd appreciate it if you'd stick to places that allow folks who are under 21 to enter.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Evening is best for me, like six o'clock.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The issue for me is that I'll have to drive to the New Carrollton Metro station, which I think is a little over an hour and a half, and then however long it takes to get from there to Dupont--I think it's 45 minutes but I'm not sure. I'm fine with that, and we can do some workarounds on my end, but if we put it too late in the day I'll probably have to duck out before the party's in full swing.
                      1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        Awesomeness. So, sometime in the afternoon on the 28th, at a decent place in Dupont Circle? Or would evening be better for most of you? Afternoon's better for me, but then the rest of you might be interested in the beer...

I can drink beer anytime during the day, afternoon morning or night.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Wow, this thread likes to sink. Any ideas for a location? Somewhere in NW DC or a suburb thereof, not too outrageously expensive, will let HC in, open on Saturday afternoons/evenings. It's not my neck of the woods so I'm dependent on suggestions here.
                          1011 1100

Comment

DanS knows the area better than everyone else, since he actually lives in the District. Ideas Dan?
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              I have no interest in beer...
                              What kind of man are you?!
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't know DC all that well. My brother works and clubs there, however, so I could ask him.

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                                What kind of man are you?!
                                I don't really drink any alcohol. Unless it's an ultra fruity girly drink, the alcohol comes through pretty strongly for me and tastes awful. Additionally, I don't like the idea of being drunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X