D.C./Maryland area polymeet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    Stop with the to all my posts. What? Why do you keep scatting?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wait, wait, I thought Elok and I were the socially inept ones who don't pick up on things. Are you making fun of us?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Who said that? Who said anything about socially inept and not picking up on things? You doth protest too much, sir.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. Not 100% sure that I can make it (my schedule is a little inflexible at the moment), but I will certainly try.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I've been thinking it'd be cool to actually meet some of you guys in person. Anybody in the general area interested in getting together?
              Last time was a disappoint. Mr Fun ran off because he doesn't like talking to humans and Kuciwalker didn't wear his Wesley Crusher uniform.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                Is there any place in DC worth going to at the moment?
                No, the Smithsonian(all of it) sucks. People from the Deep South don't enjoy places of book-learnin' anyway.
                Last edited by Lonestar; July 3, 2012, 01:13.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

And I'm not going to drive up to ****ing college park for the DC meet. It sounds like he's a UMD student who wants everyone else to commute and he doesn't want to.

EDIT: It's pretty telling that Eloks idea of "DC" is suburban Maryland.

Comment

Who gives a **** about anything outside of Maryland? It's all Virginians and other Foreign Types.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      Who gives a **** about anything outside of Maryland? It's all Virginians and other Foreign Types.
                      VA is the only jurisdiction in the area that has it's **** togather. Maryland and DC are basically Berkeley East....vile Caricatures of leftist thought.

"NO NUKES IN TAKOMA PARK! THAT INCLUDES YOU HEWLETT PACKARD"

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                        And I'm not going to drive up to ****ing college park for the DC meet. It sounds like he's a UMD student who wants everyone else to commute and he doesn't want to.

EDIT: It's pretty telling that Eloks idea of "DC" is suburban Maryland.
                        Err, Elok lives on the eastern shore. He probably has the ****tiest commute of all of us.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, I still don't care.

Comment

Okay, we've got a decent-sized group. The question is, when and where? Would two weeks or so give everyone time to make arrangements?

(never done one of these before)
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                              First of all, Philadelphia doesn't seem to be too far away from the suggested area, so why don't you join the Polymeet? Then, I'd much rather hang out with Elok and Lori than with you. This is coming from someone who's been at a number of Polymeets and I know what makes these interesting, and keeps them going. You sir could be an attraction for the first hour.
                              A hell of a lot of beer from what I remember of our meets.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                A hell of a lot of beer from what I remember of our meets.
                                I agree... beer has worked VERY well for the Chicago meets
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X