No announcement yet.

D.C./Maryland area polymeet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I should take the initiative here. I'd rather avoid Mondays and Fridays, because it's summer and the Bay Bridge gets pretty much shut down by beach traffic those days. How's Saturday the 21st for everyone? Too soon?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That's fine by me...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Works for me.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ewch ffwcio chi eich hun, Moby.

(this post courtesy Google Translate)
          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Okay, we've got a decent-sized group. The question is, when and where? Would two weeks or so give everyone time to make arrangements?

(never done one of these before)
            No, it's likely they still won't have the power back up by then.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Ewch ffwcio chi eich hun, Moby.

(this post courtesy Google Translate)
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Suppose I should take the initiative here. I'd rather avoid Mondays and Fridays, because it's summer and the Bay Bridge gets pretty much shut down by beach traffic those days. How's Saturday the 21st for everyone? Too soon?
                I'm busy the 21st.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

How about the 28th, then? Or would some other day of the week work better for you?
                  1011 1100

Comment

Where at?
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Well, lessee...we've got Kuci coming from...NoVa or DC, I'm not sure. I think DanS is D.C. Felch is Germantown, Lori's Silver Spring--both NW of DC. I'm half an hour from the Bay Bridge, on the BuFu Eastern Shore. And I you're from somewhere rather deeper in VA, I gather? Somewhere pretty close to DC seems to be the fairest option. Perhaps even DC itself, if somebody knows a good restaurant. Preferably west DC, since IIRC the whole east side is sketchy as all get out.
                      1011 1100

Comment

I live in NOVA. Once upon a time we went to some pub in NW for a meet, can't recall the name of it.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

D.C.

Watch out for the speeding State Department SUVs and the blacks. The green line is misnamed if you ask me.

Comment

We were in Dupont Circle last time. 28th works well with me.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                              I live in NOVA. Once upon a time we went to some pub in NW for a meet, can't recall the name of it.
                              When did you move there? I thought you lived in Vegas.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                When did you move there? I thought you lived in Vegas.

I think you are thinking of Dis(the other sailor)

Comment

Working...
                                X