Choose me a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Roads in the South have a different kind of surface than they do in areas that get lots of snow. It gets very hot and humid there in the summer and they have to survive that. As a result cars don't stick to the road as well in cold weather. Also Virginia typically gets more ice than snow; rain will fall during the day, for instance, and freeze over night into a very slippery sheet. People down there typically don't own chains, and winter weather is sufficiently rare that they have little experience driving in it.

Even so, I don't know anyone in Rochester who has a Prius, mainly because of the poor performance in winter weather.
    Also, the biggest problem was stop-and-go traffic on hilly roads.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      Roads in the South have a different kind of surface than they do in areas that get lots of snow. It gets very hot and humid there in the summer and they have to survive that. As a result cars don't stick to the road as well in cold weather. Also Virginia typically gets more ice than snow; rain will fall during the day, for instance, and freeze over night into a very slippery sheet. People down there typically don't own chains, and winter weather is sufficiently rare that they have little experience driving in it.

Even so, I don't know anyone in Rochester who has a Prius, mainly because of the poor performance in winter weather.
      Is this some kind of joke ? Who cares what's beneath when you are driving on top of snow/ice ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Road bed has a lot to do with what happens when driving on snow and ice.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if bc has ever seen snow or driven a car.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

for around $2-5k you can find a early to mid 90's thunderbird
            spend the rest on rims and a system
            maybe some carbon fiber to make custom panels, hood, etc
            and some tint
            and lasers
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              I'm beginning to wonder if bc has ever seen snow or driven a car.
              And I'm pretty sure that you have lost your ability to think

I got my driving license in a back wheel car in the winter. Further, at the time I got that, most cars was back wheel types. Despite this, socitey didn't grind to a halt when there was some snow.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Poly acts stupid.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X