Please pray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Don't you mean ... "are safe"? (prompted by Eloks other thread about Nazis, which has somehow remained more classy than this thread.)
    piss off
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I have to admit that I hoped that the kid was attended by professional docs and that they used their professional skills at their best to save the boy.

Hope that I haven't offended anyone by that
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Your inability to grasp the point does not offend me.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          I take it that's in reaction to my nephew getting better, Doc? It's hard to tell with such an eclectic smiley collection...
          Sure, yeah, that what it is.

Actually it was a reply to dannubis.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Let's say that a loved one was ill (for the sake of simplifying the pronouns we'll say that this loved one is male), and at the hospital you say to the doctor "please do whatever you can for him." Later, after the doctor performs surgery or administers antibiotics or whatever, your loved one makes a dramatic recovery. You say to the doctor "thank you for curing him with your wealth of medical knowledge," and he replies "it also helped that I sacrificed a goat, hail Satan!" Would it help matters if the doctor clarified that he then cooked and ate the goat so as to avoid wasting any food? If there was leftover goat, would you eat it (assume that the doctor is a fairly good cook)?
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Who's that question addressed to, Loin? If it's me, I guess I'm fine with it, provided he didn't torture the goat, and his odd religious beliefs didn't cause him to do anything that actually endangered my relative. Re: eating the goat, I believe St. Paul actually says it doesn't matter if you eat food sacrificed to idols, provided doing so doesn't lead others to believe you worship idols yourself. But I probably would be too weirded out to try it.
              1011 1100

Comment

• Uhhhhhh... Elok, are you aware of Loin's health history?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Who's that question addressed to, Loin? If it's me, I guess I'm fine with it, provided he didn't torture the goat, and his odd religious beliefs didn't cause him to do anything that actually endangered my relative. Re: eating the goat, I believe St. Paul actually says it doesn't matter if you eat food sacrificed to idols, provided doing so doesn't lead others to believe you worship idols yourself. But I probably would be too weirded out to try it.
                  What's wrong with torturing goats?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                    Uhhhhhh... Elok, are you aware of Loin's health history?
                    No. Is this based on a true story?

Lori, torture would constitute cruelty to animals and thus a reason to object.
                    1011 1100

Comment

• Torturing goats is definitely wrong.

However, torturing gingers is fine, because they have no souls.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• What if torturing goats makes them taste better?
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Hmmm.

Depends on the torture, I'd say. Are we talking waterboarding? Stress positions? The rack?
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Waterboarding -- but they're Afghan goats.

Comment

• How much taste improvement do you get per Standard Goat Agony Unit? This is a question of efficient morality.
                              1011 1100

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X