Please pray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    No. You "religeous" folks have long toes when someone says/does something that you essentially can not disagree with, but which is at the same time in conflict with the dogmas you put on yourselves.
    This is a thread about someone asking for prayers due to a relative of theirs being in a health crisis... and calling someone for thread ****ting in it is having long toes?

Seriously?

Did he force you to pray in this thread involving a family crisis? Did I miss something?

No one ever gets all jerkish when someone says "keep my X in your thoughts" - is this different to you in any way?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      "My nephew might be dying."
      "That sucks."
      "Nevermind, he's not dying anymore."
      "Oh. Well in that case, **** you!"
      Pretty much.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd argue that the proper response would be just to ignore it. It's not like dannubis was deliberately trying to be offensive. In fact, his comment was rather harmless and didn't warrant such a reaction. However, it did confirm to me that this thread, like many of its past incarnations (usually started by Ben) are just to troll aetheists.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Now that the young gentleman is fine (and I am very happy for you and your family he is) the following comment:

Good that some people were doing more than praying ey ?
          Did you do something that we don't know about? Maybe you have some superstition or something.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            I'd argue that the proper response would be just to ignore it. It's not like dannubis was deliberately trying to be offensive. In fact, his comment was rather harmless and didn't warrant such a reaction. However, it did confirm to me that this thread, like many of its past incarnations (usually started by Ben) are just to troll aetheists.
            Are you all really that easy to troll?

Comment

You're assuming I'm an aetheist.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Not in any way.

Comment

Then no.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No. You "religeous" folks have long toes when someone says/does something that you essentially can not disagree with, but which is at the same time in conflict with the dogmas you put on yourselves.
                    1. The distinction you're using to justify yourself here is irrelevant. If you showed up at a memorial for somebody who died at Little Big Horn and said, "huh, looks like Manifest Destiny wasn't so manifest after all, eh? Eh?" that would satisfy both criteria and at the same time make you a massive dick.
                    2. I'm not a JW or anything and have no aversion to medicine, so the second part isn't even true in this case.
                    3. Suppose you come on here and start a thread about a deathly ill family member of yours. Once it becomes clear that s/he is not going to die, I remark, "hey, I bet you'll be a bit friendlier to God from now on, huh? " Would this be a douche thing to do, and if so, how does it meaningfully differ from what you said?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Seriously?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeah, that analogy just doesn't work. Unless you are claiming that God alone was what cured your friend. Are you?
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Then no.
                          See, I didn't assume anything. No need.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Seriously?
                            Yes. Elok overreacted, unless he was trolling. Then I'd say he reacted perfectly.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              See, I didn't assume anything. No need.
                              Yes, you said that already. Everything ok?
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes, you said that already. Everything ok?
                                If you stop lying it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X