Dear "Straight Pride" Jerk . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
    The mere fact that it would bother you that people of alternative sexualities hold a festive event around it, shows that there is a point in doing it.
    To be fair, gay pride parades are little extra with it.

I say that as a Philly resident and we have the Mummers.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
      While I've never witnessed a gay pride parade, I understand that they can involve leather, intense gay innuendo and astronomical levels of what they call "camp." I do not fear or hate gay people, but nor do I wish to encounter any of those things.
      http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...-winnipeg.html
      The threat of a thunderstorm did not stop roughly 15,000 people from marching through Winnipeg's downtown in the 25th annual Pride parade on Sunday.

The colourful party featuring members and supporters of Manitoba's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered and two-spirited community walked and rode on floats from the legislature through Broadway and York Avenue to The Forks on Sunday afternoon.

Organizers estimated that between 12,000 and 15,000 people took part in the parade. An after-party was to follow at the Whiskey Dix dance club.

Leading this year's parade were Chris Vogel and Richard North, who were instrumental in having gay rights included in Manitoba's Human Rights Act.

Vogel said the first Pride parade, in which 250 people marched on Aug. 2, 1987, was held in part to celebrate the inclusion of gay rights in the act.

"It was celebratory at the time because finally, after decades, we had succeeded in getting protection from discrimination added to the provincial human rights legislation, so that we couldn't be fired and evicted and denied business services … on a whim," Vogel told CBC News before the parade started.

These days, more than 30,000 people attend the Pride Winnipeg Festival, which has evolved from a one-day march to a 10-day event, according to the organization's website.

"The difference over the years has been numbers," Vogel said.

"We knew the potential half a century ago … but to actually see it in front of you, to have it manifest, and with the degree of energy and enthusiasm and joy, that's something."
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I heard the same thing happened at Stonehendge last weekend too. Thousands of people showed up for the solstice event at Stonehendge even though it was raining and over cast so no one could actually see how the sun shined between the stones on the solstice.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          I briefly considered reading the whole thread to see how we got this far afield, but I thought better of it, so for no particular reason, I give you

There's some god damn straight pride for you ****ing pussies.
          Damn, you should have posted that in the babe thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Zero, what kind of disgusting slob ejaculates all over their keyboard when they masturbate?
            You wuss - a little mess never hurt anyone.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Damn, you should have posted that in the babe thread.

I posted a picture of the same young lady.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I heard the same thing happened at Stonehendge last weekend too. Thousands of people showed up for the solstice event at Stonehendge even though it was raining and over cast so no one could actually see how the sun shined between the stones on the solstice.
                The roads were also briefly shut around there due to an accident leading to huge queues, which is why the cool kids all went to Avebury instead.

Comment

• Actually the really cool kids go to Glastonbury Tor. The views are far better and it's a more discerning crowd.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    Actually the really cool kids go to Glastonbury Tor. The views are far better and it's a more discerning crowd.
                    I had to google that but it seems the tor is the source of the myth of Avalon. Cool.

Comment

Actually the really cool kids go to Glastonbury Tor. The views are far better and it's a more discerning crowd.
                      I was actually up there last week for the first time, it was pretty amazing. The local signs saying its only 1/2 a mile from the road are full of crap though, I'm sure they're going 'as the crow flies'..

Comment

• It's only half a mile, but nearly all of that half a mile is vertical.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's only half a mile, but nearly all of that half a mile is vertical.
                          Maybe we missed a straighter path or something, but the way we went wound round the hill and up the back after tramping across a field or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            Maybe we missed a straighter path or something, but the way we went wound round the hill and up the back after tramping across a field or two.
                            Weird gay pride parade route... except the part about missing 'a straighter path' and going 'up the back'.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• straight pride is called st patty's day
                              and i hate that fkucing holiday too
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                So you can assert how straight you are by objectifying women? What?
                                I don't assert ****, that ***** is hot
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X