Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear "Straight Pride" Jerk . . . .

Dear "Straight Pride" Jerk,

I know you think you are oh-so-clever when you speak against Gay Pride events, with the retort, "Well, let's have Straight Pride." But after reading this, you should come to realize how utterly stupid your snarky statement is.

You have not been made to feel ashamed by others, when they find that you're straight.

You never feared for being disowned by your own family for being straight.

You did not suffer from employment discrimination, nor have you been fired, for being straight.

You were not bullied in school for being straight.

You were never beaten/assaulted for being straight.

Throughout the entire year, all across the world, straight people celebrate their sexual orientation through conversations, parties/festivals where straights openly express themselves, and through the celebration of important life milestones, such as weddings. So in actuality, there already is "Straight Pride" throughout the entire year in your daily life, receiving positive affirmation and acceptance from everyone, who are not repulsed by the fact that you're straight.

One of the reasons for Gay Pride, is because gay people cannot take their visibility in society for granted. Almost everywhere, in almost every circumstance, people will assume another person is straight, unless told otherwise. Parents raise their children on the assumption that their children are straight, until their children say otherwise. Given that straight people can take their visibility for granted, this is one more reason that there is no need for "Straight Pride."

Now after reading this, if you still want to carry out a hissy-fit that gays get one fvckin' month in the entire year to combat the stigma, discrimination, harassment, bullying, and ostracizing for being gay, then it's likely that you're simply a douchebag. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

Fabulous and Loving It
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

So you're actually pissed because people are proud of their own sexual orientation? You're actually pissed because they've chosen not to be pissed that you are proud of your own sexual orientation and instead chosen to be proud of their own?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That about sums it up. MrFun only thinks sexual orientation is an acceptable source of pride if you want to sleep with other men. "Straight pride" is unjustified. It's what Jesus would have wanted.

Comment

You guys need to reread the OP. Straight Pride is pretty much year-round.

Comment

But I never was proud to be straight. So you're saying that's good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            You guys need to reread the OP. Straight Pride is pretty much year-round.
            Really? There are straight pride parades every single day? Who has time for all these parades?

Comment

White pride
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Really? There are straight pride parades every single day? Who has time for all these parades?
                I already mentioned how there is "Straight Pride" year round in the OP.

Comment

move to europe.

Comment

northwestern europe that is. in the east and south they´ll still beat you up for offending god.

Comment

A blog might be the bast place for OPs like that as they don't ask a question and simply make a statement. Plus if you post it on facebook you can get the thumbs up things.

I don't really have anything more to add to the conversation so here's a random gif.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Boo hoo Mr Fun
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm white, male, and protestant. Straight is kind of second tier, but yeah I got that goin for me too.

Comment

I recently had to tell one of my sons to stop hanging around with weirdos and homos. That wasn't very PC I guess...
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

That reminds me: what's everybody on here doing for Huzzah, The Holes We Put Our Penises In Can Self-Lubricate Day this year?
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X