No announcement yet.

Falkland Islanders to hold referendum over sovereignty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone that believes that women can't be priests is sexist. Regardless if they're just agreeing with church doctrine.
    Well, sure. If you believe that men and women are exactly the same then yes, it would be a sexist thing to believe. However, if you believe that men and women are different but fundamentally equal to one another then no.

Is it sexist that only women can give birth?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I don't understand it. Yes, women aren't the same sex as Jesus, but everyone is different from Jesus in some ways. If someone were to claim a black person can't represent Jesus that would be considered racist.
      In personae Christae. "In the person of Christ". One of the responsibilities of the priest, especially during the mass, is to act 'in the person of Christ', as his representative here on earth.

Jesus Christ is the fulfillment and the perfection of the priesthood of the Old Law. He became man so that he might reconcile us to God. He reconciled us to the Father in a similar fashion that the priesthood of the Old Law prefigured: by offering sacrifice. However, the sacrifice that Christ offered was the perfect sacrifice that definitively reconciled us to God. The sacrifice that he offered was himself. Jesus Christ is the perfect high priest because he is God himself. But how is it that Christ is the priest and also the sacrifice offered by the priest? On the Cross, he offered to the Father that which needed to be reconciled to him, our fallen human nature which is united to his divine person. He is both the sacrifice and the one who offers the sacrifice; he is offered and the one who offers. Again, Aquinas comes to our aid in explaining how Christ is both priest and victim.

Aquinas goes on to say:

"Christ is the fountain-head of the entire priesthood: for the priest of the Old Law was a figure of Him; while the priest of the New Law works in his person, according to 2 Cor. ii. 10: For what I have pardoned, if I have pardoned anything, for your sakes have I done in the person of Christ."

"Thus, Christ bestows the effects of his priesthood and his priestly action on the Church by allowing other men to participate in his one priesthood. Just as Christ redeemed us by a priestly act of worship, so the ordained priest, by virtue of his participation in Christ’s priesthood, offers that same sacrificial act of worship on the altar"

It's a little bit of a different way of looking at it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Who steals a Picasso? How are you going to sell that?
        Exactly, that's what I don't get. It's not like they can pawn the thing or sell it on ebay.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• On a different note one of Romney's neighbors in La Jolla had his Picasso stolen yesterday. First they came for the car elevators and now the Picassos. What's a struggling 1%er to do?
          Was it Mexicans, Dinner?

Comment

• I have no idea where you got this fixation with Mexicans but it sure as hell wasn't from anything I posted. Seriously, dude, you have mental problems.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• You posted one thing that didn't paint all Mexicans favorably. That's enough for Ben to call you a racist.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Did you miss Albie's post providing links to multiple posts in which Oerdin used an ethnic slur to refer to Mexicans? There's plenty of evidence with which to label Oerdin a racist.

Comment

• Damn it! Now I'm torn. I want to criticize Ben, but I can't ignore Alpert's posts...
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• use your thank you for one
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      In personae Christae. "In the person of Christ". One of the responsibilities of the priest, especially during the mass, is to act 'in the person of Christ', as his representative here on earth.

Jesus Christ is the fulfillment and the perfection of the priesthood of the Old Law. He became man so that he might reconcile us to God. He reconciled us to the Father in a similar fashion that the priesthood of the Old Law prefigured: by offering sacrifice. However, the sacrifice that Christ offered was the perfect sacrifice that definitively reconciled us to God. The sacrifice that he offered was himself. Jesus Christ is the perfect high priest because he is God himself. But how is it that Christ is the priest and also the sacrifice offered by the priest? On the Cross, he offered to the Father that which needed to be reconciled to him, our fallen human nature which is united to his divine person. He is both the sacrifice and the one who offers the sacrifice; he is offered and the one who offers. Again, Aquinas comes to our aid in explaining how Christ is both priest and victim.

Aquinas goes on to say:

"Christ is the fountain-head of the entire priesthood: for the priest of the Old Law was a figure of Him; while the priest of the New Law works in his person, according to 2 Cor. ii. 10: For what I have pardoned, if I have pardoned anything, for your sakes have I done in the person of Christ."

"Thus, Christ bestows the effects of his priesthood and his priestly action on the Church by allowing other men to participate in his one priesthood. Just as Christ redeemed us by a priestly act of worship, so the ordained priest, by virtue of his participation in Christ’s priesthood, offers that same sacrificial act of worship on the altar"

It's a little bit of a different way of looking at it.
                      I'm not seeing the connection between making a sacrifice on a cross and having a dick. Sorry. I don't see why a woman couldn't represent Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        Did you miss Albie's post providing links to multiple posts in which Oerdin used an ethnic slur to refer to Mexicans? There's plenty of evidence with which to label Oerdin a racist.
                        "Mexican" is not race. Hating a worthless country that pollutes your rivers and is overrun by drug lords doesn't make you a racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          I'm not seeing the connection between making a sacrifice on a cross and having a dick. Sorry. I don't see why a woman couldn't represent Jesus.
                          The cross itself is phallic.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            The cross itself is phallic.
                            Really? How is a cross phallic??? You must have a funny shaped penis.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              Really? How is a cross phallic??? You must have a funny shaped penis.
                              Gee... I don't know. How is a giant long anything not phallic?!

That cross you're imaging in your head, turn it.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That's not a large wooden cross.

Comment

Working...
                                X