• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid Promises To Fix Filibuster

...if the Democrats win.

Reid: Bet on filibuster changes if Obama, Dems win in November
    By Pete Kasperowicz - 06/07/12 09:54 AM ET

A frustrated Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said he and other Democrats would likely push for changes to Senate filibuster rules if the Democrats hold the Senate in November, and blamed Republican obstructionism for forcing these changes.

"I'll just bet you … if we maintain a majority, and I feel quite confident that we can do that, and the president is reelected, there is going to be some changes," Reid said on the Senate floor Thursday morning. "We can no longer go through this, every bill, filibusters on bills that they agree with. It's just a waste of time to prevent us from getting things done."

Reid was frustrated over Thursday's planned 10:30 a.m. procedural vote on the farm bill — specifically, a vote to end debate on the motion to proceed to that bill. Reid implied that Republicans have not consented to proceeding to the bill, which forced his hand to try ending debate through a vote.

"We're going to have a cloture vote on the ability for us to proceed to the bill, the ability of us to start legislating," Reid said. "I don't need to give a lecture … about how vexatious this is that we have to do this every time."

Despite Reid's frustration, the vote to end debate on the motion to proceed to the bill is expected to succeed, which should launch several weeks of work on the farm bill.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Way too late.

Comment

Reid's decision to not fix the filibuster back in 2008 is the reason we're ****ed the way we're ****ed. Reid can suck my bloody **** because he intentionally didn't fix the filibuster when he had the chance, even though everyone told him what would happen if he didn't, and now I just want Reid to be thrown off a cliff because I no longer care for his games.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

At least someone is offering to fix it.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Reid's decision to not fix the filibuster back in 2008 is the reason we're ****ed the way we're ****ed. Reid can suck my bloody **** because he intentionally didn't fix the filibuster when he had the chance, even though everyone told him what would happen if he didn't, and now I just want Reid to be thrown off a cliff because I no longer care for his games.
          I... agree... 100%... with Oerdin?

I think I need to lie down in a cool, dark room for a while, and contemplate just what went wrong in my life that brought me to this point.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Didn't he already use the nuclear option to pass Obamacare? I don't think you can pull the trigger twice. He's spent.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, this plan couldn't possibly backfire, now could it?
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

I think I need to lie down in a cool, dark room for a while, and contemplate just what went wrong in my life that brought me to this point.
                Join the dark side.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You also have a bloody ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    You also have a bloody ****?

What can I say? Ann Coulter really wanted my dick, and I forgot about the teeth.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

What can I say? Ann Coulter really wanted my dick, and I forgot about the teeth.
                        Tranny love.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                        X