"Prometheus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Um... it was brought along specifically to cater to Weyland (a man), not Vickers. That was the foreshadowing to Weyland being on board.

One of a thousand flaws resolved.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The whole planet and the first area they investigate is the spot with the alien ship.
      After having your abdomen cut open and stapled you can still run and jump....lets not forget a hit to the abdomen with a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
        The whole planet and the first area they investigate is the spot with the alien ship.
        They did decide to land in an area that looked it it may have had roads.

Besides, that's a trope in nearly every movie (they only have like 2 hrs to tell the entire story after all).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post

Honestly, were any of you sad to see any character in this movie die?
          I wasn't, but I'm a heartless bastard.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            They did decide to land in an area that looked it it may have had roads.
            I loved how after landing they were driving along a vast perfectly flat highway having a debate over whether there were any signs of civilization..

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
              Remember fellow posters, if a giant rolling ring of a space ship is coming towards you try running to the side. If you leave two of your crew stranded in an alien environment that also happens to be the first sign of intelligent life your civilization has ever encountered and ALSO is full of dead bodies of the that same first intelligent life that you just watched die a violently via a convenient hologram maybe try monitoring their status instead of going off to get some ass. Or at the very least when those crew members turn up missing the next morning, play back the damn video to see what happened to them.

So... your main gripe is that the fictional characters made stupid decisions? How does that increase or decrease the entertainment value of a movie? Is it a realism issue? Do you have any idea how incredibly stupid people are in the real world?
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Would you send a group of stupid people on a mission to potentially meet the first alien life?

Comment

Yes. Cannon fodder.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That's what we keep the Americans for, surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Would you send a group of stupid people on a mission to potentially meet the first alien life?

Given what we eventually learned about Weyland and his intentions, it makes perfect sense that he would pick a lackluster crew.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

• Darius speaks the truth. I mean, c'mon, NASA (who isn't exactly full of idiots) once screwed something up because they didn't convert from US units of measure into metric.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• This is a adventure and science fiction movie directed by Ridley Scott. Charlize Theron is doing really good acting in this movie. She look very beatyful and charming in this movie. All seens in this is really good.

Comment

• so a movie that's suppose to happen before the prequel is called ??

ya think they will do one more ?
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              I loved how after landing they were driving along a vast perfectly flat highway having a debate over whether there were any signs of civilization..

if you looked on the side it was made by ACME, no matter where you run, it falls on YOU
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Facts Facts Facts. That won't get you attention. You need to convey Feelings to proove you are no Bot.

Feelings!
                                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                                X