No announcement yet.

"Prometheus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are SO dedicated. You remembered this thread. Searched it out. Renewed it. My hat is off to you, dude.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've rarely felt more disappointed and angry at a film than I did watching this pile of rancid ass. It simply beggars believe that with this setting, this cast and this budget he could have produced such an illogical, pretentious peice of ****. I would quite seriously vote for Ridley Scott to be put against a wall and machine gunned for crimes against movie humanity for this.

Comment

Oooookay, you're taking it a little too seriously there.

(never saw this movie due to kid, had already forgotten about it)
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You havent seen it and therefore cannot judge my response.

Comment

I found the movie mildly enjoyable. I wasn't expecting it to turn out to be yet another offering of the Alien series. In previous movies it was suggested that the Alien species was actually the creation of or the sport-livestock of the Predator species. Now we have the suggestion that the Alien species was the creation of the Promethians. In future movies are they going to tie all three species together?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Probably not. Prometheus was planned to be its own story in the "Alien" universe and not actually about the Aliens or Predators. The next film is likely to have even less relation to those films.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why didn't they just come up with their own monsters instead of using the Aliens?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

They still wanted to answer some questions about "Aliens." Mostly about the space jockey. But they also wanted to explore different themes and styles than what people would expect from a movie in the "Aliens" franchise. Basically, they wanted to have their cake and eat it too.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    You havent seen it and therefore cannot judge my response.
                    No, but I've seen Birth of a Nation, and even that didn't warrant a machine-gunning...
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      In previous movies it was suggested that the Alien species was actually the creation of or the sport-livestock of the Predator species.
                      Ridley Scott doesn't consider the "Alien vs. Predetor" movies to be 'canon' (though James Cameron does - while originally not being on board), so Scott didn't really care whether or not "Prometheus" matched what AvP was insinuating.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        No, but I've seen Birth of a Nation, and even that didn't warrant a machine-gunning...
                        Err, yes it most certainly did, though for rather different reasons.

Comment

the ads are still annoying as hell

Comment

Remember fellow posters, if a giant rolling ring of a space ship is coming towards you try running to the side. If you leave two of your crew stranded in an alien environment that also happens to be the first sign of intelligent life your civilization has ever encountered and ALSO is full of dead bodies of the that same first intelligent life that you just watched die a violently via a convenient hologram maybe try monitoring their status instead of going off to get some ass. Or at the very least when those crew members turn up missing the next morning, play back the damn video to see what happened to them.

Honestly, were any of you sad to see any character in this movie die? I figure that at the end they realized they had too many crew still alive so they just started literally camikazing them. "Hey, ummmm, you remember those two copilot dudes we made that half ass attempt to develop with that lame bet thing in the beginning of the movie? Yeah, I forgot about them too. Uh, yeah, they are still alive, and uh, we need them NOT to be..."

This movie was crap.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              Err, yes it most certainly did, though for rather different reasons.
                              You're a rather violent fellow.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                You're a rather violent fellow.
                                Sure, I'm certainly in favour of the mass execution of all sorts of groups of people. It's funny really how much larget those groups get the more time I spend on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X