No announcement yet.

"Prometheus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That film also gets around to explaining why Weyland is Guy Pearce in old-guy make-up instead of just an actual old actor.
    Speculation is sequals may include flashbacks or videos to a young Weyland.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm hoping it wasn't simply so that they could use young Pearce in the viral marketing fake-TED talk campaign.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly View Post
        Also, Lori is wrong: Shaw bears about as much resemblance to Ripley as Ralph Maccio does to Chuck Norris.
        They're nothing alike, but people are obviously drawing the comparison. I simply mean that the actor who plays Dr. McGodPants, Noomi Rapace, is nice on the eyes.

There's a good film inside Prometeus, trying like an alien fetus to get out; that film develops David, McVickers, and even Shaw into deep, complex characters and pits them against each other in a psychologically-compelling narrative. That film also gets around to explaining why Weyland is Guy Pearce in old-guy make-up instead of just an actual old actor. That movie would be the brilliant love-child of Alien and Bladerunner; but this movie is the result of a shabby one-night-stand between Alien and a stoned sophomore Religious Studies major.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Amen to that!
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            I'm hoping it wasn't simply so that they could use young Pearce in the viral marketing fake-TED talk campaign.
            Apparently, I read it was because they were going to have a dream flashback to young Weyland, but that was cut - but they already hired Pierce for the role. Which sucks royally, because apparently Max von Sydow was in talks for it.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I enjoyed it. I think alot of people went in expecting answers and were upset that they didn't get them.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Hudson Hawk? Oh God.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  sounds like someone made ancient aliens into a movie

I'd rather see a movie taking us back in time to the first civilizations and show the aliens running the world
                  Umm...

Stargate?

You're like 20 years, a movie, 3 television series, and a bunch of DVD movies late, Berzerker.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'd still like to know why no-one locks their car in the movies and weapons never jam or need reloading
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm not too sure about the whole "The reason the engineers want to kill us is because we killed Space Jesus 2000 years ago" thing.

Also, everyone acts like an ******* to David, is shocked when David acts like an *******.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

never ever see "Oh,God" the movies

GT exposure in "Devils Advocate"
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Also, this:

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

great stuff Rufus
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Umm...

Stargate?

You're like 20 years, a movie, 3 television series, and a bunch of DVD movies late, Berzerker.
                              that wasn't going back in time to show the 1st civilizations, but I liked the premise and it was a decent movie

Comment

I just saw it, and thought it was pretty good. Sure, derivative, but how many movies aren't, and a pretty good effort considering it's the 7th (?) in the franchise. The (other than Alien) movie it reminded me a lot of was 2001: A Space Odyssey. I also liked the David Brinn-like exploration of an unstable new DNA finding its way in the universe.

There were a lot of hinted at but unexplored aspects, but I kind of like that low-in-exposition style of story telling, leaving the audience to their own conjectures. Of course it also leaves plenty of room for sequels, prequels and spin-offs.

I don't get the "The reason the engineers want to kill us is because we killed Space Jesus 2000 years ago" reference of Lonestar's above - I thought it was unknown as to why the engineers had it in for us, having created us in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X