Also, the economy would collapse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Because, you know, the US has never had mass immigration, at all.
    Yet now half the US ****s a brick every time a mexican jumps the fence.

Comment

...because a lot more than "a mexican" can jump the fence. The border is dangerously porous, and Mexico is disintegrating.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't mind securing the border and tightening down the hatches; I just want us to let almost everyone in through the legal channels.

Obviously we want to prevent the conflict south of the border from spilling over here. Mexico has no shortage of violent criminals. Juarez is scary even from this side of the Rio Grande. However, the vast majority of Mexicans coming over are just working really hard, paying taxes, and doing proud the several hundred year tradition of the American immigrant.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Yeah, the natives really benefited from it.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
              Yeah, the natives really benefited from it.
              The Mexicans have been very clever with their immigration - current 'americans' won't have to be put on reservations, they are segregating themselves in gated communities.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Speak for yourself, paleface.

Comment

Qatar is an interesting example. Over 80% of denizens are migrant workers IIRC.
                  Last edited by Dauphin; May 15, 2012, 14:42. Reason: typo 80 not 50
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Didn't KH already win this thread?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Who exactly do you hate? The Muslims?
                      Where in what I wrote do you read hate ?

Every system needs time to adapt to change. Let's give it time.
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Currently I think the system of green cards works very well.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

It's too expensive and convoluted. Also, quotas? What the ****??

Comment

Green cards would be fine if we gave them to everyone.

The reason the idea of an unsecured border is scary is because of the fact that we don't check at all what kind of people are jumping it. Fortunately, most of them are just ordinary people seeking a better life. If we gave those people green cards, they'd come in the normal way.

Comment

Let's create a system where coordinated gangs of drug dealers can easily cross the border, but ordinary people just looking for work can't...oh wait.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X