No announcement yet.

North Carolina (in before MrFun!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes you think that when push comes to shove, that they aren't going to confiscate the property held by the church to the state - to pay the massive bills that the state is running up and 'distribute the proceedings among the poor'.

Thanks Ben. Even I can't believe you posted this. Aren't we a tad paranoid today.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, it would be more than fitting after 20 centuries of rape and property confiscation of their "followers".

And.... lift off...
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Thanks Ben. Even I can't believe you posted this. Aren't we a tad paranoid today.
        Paranoid perhaps - but we'll see who's right. I'd rather be right and have people call me paranoid than wrong and not see what's coming.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No need to confiscate it, just tax it.

Comment

• Haven't you heard, apparently taxation is exactly the same thing as slavery, like totally!

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
              So Mr History Guy... Since when is marriage the property of Christianity ? It seemed to exist before Christ was born and in other cultures too...
              Not to mention any religious homophobe would still be able to get married to the person of their choice so how exactly would they be harmed just because someone else was also be allowed "the pursuit of happiness"?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                I don't have a problem with gay adoption because let's face it, wouldn't it be cool if Neil Patrick Harris were your dad?
                OMG, yes!
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Not to mention any religious homophobe would still be able to get married to the person of their choice so how exactly would they be harmed just because someone else was also be allowed "the pursuit of happiness"?
                  It's called 'freedom of religion'. Barring a church from practicing what they believe is contrary to the whole 'pursuit of happiness' thing.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You're so full of ****. You're "freedom" hasn't been diminished in the least if someone gets to marry someone else they love. You can still marry who ever you want, it doesn't effect you in any way, the only difference you don't get to attack other people with your hateful garbage, you closeted piece of trash dreaming of getting ass raped by some big black man.

No "church" (I put it in parentheses because only bigot factories care) is effected in the least, they're not forced to marry anyone any more than the Catholic Bigot, opps, I mean church, is forced to marry anyone now. They can refuse anyone they like but people can still go to the public court house no matter if the evil butt ****ing, child raping, pederasts in the Catholic church (or any other "church") like it or not.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• You're so full of ****. You're "freedom" hasn't been diminished in the least if someone gets to marry someone else they love.
                      When I am forced to teach that this is good and right, yes, my freedoms are being taken away. If it were just about this - you would be right, but it's never just been about this. It's about acceptance. Gay people will never accept the cold law saying, yes you can do what you can already do - they want to be accepted that this is the same - despite concrete evidence to the contrary.

Why then, is polygamy barbarous and not part of this 'marriage equality', because surely, if marriage is about recognising all relationships as equally good to one another, then why should someone be limited to loving one person at a time?

You can still marry who ever you want, it doesn't effect you in any way, the only difference you don't get to attack other people with your hateful garbage, you closeted piece of trash dreaming of getting ass raped by some big black man.
                      Freedom of religion protects (or at least it should protect), speech contrary to what the state believes. I'm allowed to attack state policy under free speech - without it being labelled 'hate speech'. But Canada, no longer permits people to attack government policy in this manner, filing suit against them for preaching what the bible says. Thus my freedom to 'pursue happiness' is being infringed by the almighty state. See Boissoin for an example of a pastor being charged by the state for preaching what the bible teaches wrt homosexuality.

No "church" (I put it in parentheses because only bigot factories care) is effected in the least, they're not forced to marry anyone any more than the Catholic Bigot, opps, I mean church, is forced to marry anyone now. They can refuse anyone they like but people can still go to the public court house no matter if the evil butt ****ing, child raping, pederasts in the Catholic church (or any other "church") like it or not.
                      Then why was Boissoin charged for expressing the Christian view that homosexuality is sinful? Are we free or are we not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        WIt's about acceptance. Gay people will never accept the cold law saying, yes you can do what you can already do - they want to be accepted that this is the same - despite concrete evidence to the contrary.
                        The only 'concrete evidence' is the kind of bull**** bigotry that people like yourself spout.

If you genuinely believe that your right to be a bigot is more important than gays rights to live a happy life, then you're a terrible christian and human being.

Comment

Then why was Boissoin charged for expressing the Christian view that homosexuality is sinful? Are we free or are we not?
                          I actually took 5 minutes to look it up:

1. He was cleared wasn't he ?
                          2. He didn't just express the Christian view that homosexuality was sinful you lying piece of crap. His letter said that "Christians" were supposed to take up arms and fight against "the homosexual machine". A few days later a gay person was beaten half to death in his commune. Now he can wash his hands in innocence (where did we hear that one before I wonder) but when spouting that kind of aggressive crap you can expect a reaction. It is a testimony of the sanity of the rest of the community that he didn't receive the same treatment as the victim.
                          3. There is no christian view on homosexuality. Show me one passage where Jesus actually said it was OK to deny other people the right to the pursuit of happiness. Don't try to highjack Christianity for your obviously distorted set of moral convictions. They have 0 to do whatsoever with other rightgeous Christians. If he still would be lieing in it, I bet Jesus turned around in his grave.
                          Last edited by dannubis; May 11, 2012, 09:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            If you genuinely believe that your right to be a bigot is more important than gays rights to live a happy life, then you're a terrible christian and human being.
                            That has been established multiple times already. Ben starts to look a lot like Smeagol here.

Comment

It's called 'freedom of religion'. Barring a church from practicing what they believe is contrary to the whole 'pursuit of happiness' thing.
                              How does legalizing marriage for gay people deprive churches from their freedom of religion, if churches can still choose whether or not to marry gay people after gay marriage is legalized?
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X