Are you scientifically literate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you scientifically literate?

You may have an opinion on climate change, evolution education, stem-cell research, and science funding. But do you have the facts to back up your opinion? This quiz will test your basic scientific literacy.

I got a 47/50.

Edit: A significantly less annoying version of the test, thanks to Main_Brain.

Last edited by Lorizael; May 5, 2012, 08:35.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

I got 1/1 and then realized what an incredible waste of time it is to have one question for every two pages...

Comment

I made it to 3/3 before I got annoyed.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Science isn't my strong suit. I got 29/50.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This is a really good quiz.

Tied Lorizael.

You may have an opinion on climate change, evolution education, stem-cell research, and science funding. But do you have the facts to back up your opinion? This quiz will test your basic scientific literacy.

Missed the Watt/Joule question, the RNA/DNA base question and the climate question.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            I made it to 3/3 before I got annoyed.
            I got annoyed pretty quickly, too, but I'm also very bored.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Which ones did you miss Lorizael?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I didn't miss any of the ones you missed, but the site is too annoying for me to go back through and check.

/me thinks.

Spoiler:
                I didn't know that mu is the coefficient of friction, that a triangle with unequal sides is scalene, or that nimbus clouds are precipitating (oh, unless that's the climate question).

Comment

I missed those same three.

(as well as 18 others)
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yeah, that's the climate question. I put down Uracil for the RNA/DNA question. My first thought was Thyamine, and then I switch. I always mix up Joule and Watt. Watts are Joules/Sec.

Comment

Extrapolating from how I did on the first two questions, I got a 50/50, plus a bonus point for knowing the word "extrapolating" for a total of 51/50.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Why am I unsurprised that I answered more questions correctly than Loinburger?

Comment

Because you're a ****ing idiot - nothing surprises a dullard

Comment

Well, at least Ozzy can admit that he's not scientifically inclined. Not everyone can be, loinburger. There's no shame in it, everyone has their own strengths.

Comment

Oh ****, are you going to beat me up now for calling you stupid?

Comment

Working...
                              X