Junior Seau dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. Bad news all around.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      I'm in the amateur business of knowing who "celebrities" are and I contend this guy just didn't try hard enough. He had to off himself to get noticed.
      I doubt there's many football players non-Americans are really aware of to begin with.

A little over a year ago, the NFL did a series on the top 100 NFL players of all time. They also had a top 100 determined by fan vote. How many of these names from the fan top-10 do you not recognize?

1. Jerry Rice 2. Joe Montana 3. Walter Payton 4. Barry Sanders 5. Peyton Manning 6. Brett Favre 7. Dan Marino 8. John Elway 9. Jim Brown 10. Emmitt Smith.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

All.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

rip

Comment

His restaurant/sports bar isn't even a very good place to go catch a game because the place is just giant with the acoustics of an old warehouse so you're more likely to hear the drunk group next to you being loud than you are to hear what's going on in the game. Worse, the best tables (right in front of the screen) are VIP only so unless you feel like paying $18 for a rather bland subpar burger with crappy pre-cut frozen fries which they reheated than you get stuffed into the far corner. It's no wonder none of the locals go there and instead they survive off of swindling visiting sports fans and tourists.

Before they did the remodel to add in the "VIP area" they just had a bunch of tables spread out across the floor in a geometric pattern so it had all the charm of a college cafeteria but at least you could actually get a seat in front of the screen back then (though you still couldn't hear ****).
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The man is dead but you feel it appropriate to use this time to post a negative review on his restaurant. Really?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Hmm, he killed himself so it's obvious he didn't care what other people think least of all his family or fans.

Comment

He didn't kill himself. You heard it here first.

Who shoots themselves in the chest?

ACK
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Hmm, he killed himself so it's obvious he didn't care what other people think least of all his family or fans.
                    Let's see what the autopsy says about chronic traumatic encephalopathy from his playing days. He's the second retired NFL player to commit suicide in the past two weeks and there's a growing litany of former players who have committed suicide or died recklessly and autopsy results showed they suffered severe neurological damage (Dave Duerson, Chris Henry, Justin Strzelczyk, Andre Waters, etc. etc.)

Junior, Ray Easterling, and Dave Duerson all committed suicide by shooting themselves in the chest. Duerson even left a suicide note asking for his brain to be examined.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post

ACK
                      Underachievers?
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

His mother is understandably upset at the press conference.

Comment

Why is his mother holding a press conference?
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post

ACK
                              NFL players who deal with concussion-induced neurological problems and want to preserve their brains for the autopsy.

It's possible Seau was doing what Dave Duerson did last year:

Former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson also committed suicide a year ago, shooting himself in the chest after having made arrangements to donate his brain to the Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy at Boston University's School of Medicine. A researcher determined Duerson suffered from a "moderately advanced" case of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. The study indicated the damage to Duerson's brain affected his judgment, inhibition, impulse control, mood and memory.

Comment

Let's not forget that in 2010, Junior Seau ran his SUV over a cliff in a suspected suicide attempt but survived.

Comment

Working...
                                X