Canada-Europe free trade agreement could be final in 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Why do you care if the farmers who make your milk are in Quebec or elsewhere?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess the "food independence" thing
    Why do you care that Muslims are genocidal totalitarians?
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
      So it doesn't make sense to you that electronic currency exchanges make it easier to benefit from the fungibility of a currency denomination.
      Did you honestly think this was relevant? I can't tell if you're a complete moron or just incredibly disingenuous, although I'm leaning toward the former.

Comment

• Yes it is relevant.

I need a euro now.

How long before I get it from France?

I need a tonne of milk now.

Comment

Yes it is relevant.

I need a euro now.

I need a tonne of milk now.

It doesn't matter where the milk comes from or how long it takes, because milk is fungible. End of story.*

Spoiler:
          * If you're not retarded.

Comment

• Yes you dumbass I get this.

Perishability decreases the pool of swappable items.

Comment

• No, it doesn't. Even if it did, that would have no effect on the fungibility of the commodity in question.

Comment

Most cow farms close
                Are replaced by large exploitations or imports
                You're begging the question.

Expect specific cow races to go extinct, quality to decline, diversity of taste to disappear
                If people actually want to buy some type of milk or cheese then I'm sure someone will sell it to them.

Seriously, go to the damn grocery store sometime. Do you really think we're suffering from some crippling lack of product diversity caused by capitalism? My grocery store has a ridiculous number of different types of cheese and dairy.

And why would quality decline? Again, the grocery store I go to has plenty of different qualities of milk available for purchase. Lower-quality milk is cheaper, higher-quality is expensive. Same in eggs, butter, cheese, in EVERYTHING.

Lobbying made easier
                So, in order to prevent big corporations from lobbying the government for preferential treatment and government handouts, we should give preferential treatment and government handouts to small farmers?

Comment

Why do you care that Muslims are genocidal totalitarians?
                  Strawman much?

I feel like there are a lot of assumptions going around about me, like DaShi's insinuation that I support Rick Santorum and then this gem here. Is it from the political compass thing?

Comment

• I know. You don't care.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                      If people actually want to buy some type of milk or cheese then I'm sure someone will sell it to them.

Seriously, go to the damn grocery store sometime. Do you really think we're suffering from some crippling lack of product diversity caused by capitalism? My grocery store has a ridiculous number of different types of cheese and dairy.

And why would quality decline? Again, the grocery store I go to has plenty of different qualities of milk available for purchase. Lower-quality milk is cheaper, higher-quality is expensive. Same in eggs, butter, cheese, in EVERYTHING.
                      Maybe Quebecers are just too stupid to judge the quality of dairy products for themselves...?

Comment

Forces you to manage supply tightly, reduces fungibility.

I don't see why this makes supply management necessary to having healthy dairy and poultry industries.

What did these farms do prior to the mid 20th century? What do they do everywhere else in the world?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Get a clue you clowns.

We are in a consumption economy. Demand is offer's slave.

People buy infinitely more products than they have the time to get information on.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            I don't see why this makes supply management necessary to having healthy dairy and poultry industries.

What did these farms do prior to the mid 20th century? What do they do everywhere else in the world?
                            They closed.

And define "healthy".

Comment

• Will Quebecers be getting a taste of Norway's calamitous butter shortage?
                              Worse, they'll eat Western cheese.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                Maybe Quebecers are just too stupid to judge the quality of dairy products for themselves...?
                                We have seen how good you guys are at judging of a food item's quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X