Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging Heidegger and Celine along with the nazi generals in Nuremberg after ww2. Justified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging Heidegger and Celine along with the nazi generals in Nuremberg after ww2. Justified?

Should they have been executed for being notorious intelectuals who supported nazism?

I think that had that happened, later intelectuals would have been much more wary of supporting monstruous acts, like the many leftist intelectuals who defended Stalin in the 60s and 70s (Sartre for example).
    I need a foot massage

Ececuting people with the wrong opinions are always a good thing - unfortunatedly, it rarely has the wanted effect.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That would have been a retarded idea.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Every petty tyrant would have been given license by the US, UK, and France (among others) to kill people for having politically incorrect ideas.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Hanging Celine.

Comment

If an intellectual says "y'know what would be awesome? A country without any Jews," and then somebody goes and kills several million Jews, then it doesn't seem fair to hang the intellectual. If instead the intellectual says "y'know what would be awesome? If we gassed several million Jews with Zyklon B and then knitted their skins into lampshades," then maybe you'd have a case against him.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

As much as I dislike Celine's opinions, I still like his novels. Heidegger's philosophical works I can live without (and have). If you hang them, then Ezra Pound should have been for the long drop too, and a few of the Italian Futurists.

T.S. Eliot was an antisemite and rightwinger as well, but where would you draw the line ?
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Hanging Celine Dion
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  Hanging Celine Dion

Comment

I suggested it before onodera did.

Comment

Re: OP: Absolutely not. Given that WWII ended shortly before the Red Scare and McCarthyism began, that would have been an atrocious, dangerous precedent--in addition to being unjust itself.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I don't see the connection between Celine Dion and the Nazis.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

She is from Quebec, a land of nazi language laws.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            They both employed instruments of torture, inflicted suffering on a large scale and kept funds in Switzerland.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Both are enemies of the English.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X