Black and suspicious . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn! White people are scary.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Well we've always known that the gay community are no friends with the Black community. Of course MrFun would half-ass his outrage.
      You say that as though black and gay are somehow mutually exclusive categories... I happen to know from happy personal experience they aren't

Click image for larger version

Name:	advocate-john-amaechi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	9092957
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
        You say that as though black and gay are somehow mutually exclusive categories... I happen to know from happy personal experience they aren't

[ATTACH=CONFIG]171379[/ATTACH]
        You ****ed John Amaechi?

Of course there's a crapload of Black gays. I'm just referring to the political conflicts between the gay community and Blacks who are majoritarily opposed to gay rights and the recent controversies around Black celebrities like Roland Martin, Tracey Morgan, and Isaiah Washington.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I don't know why you want to stereotype blacks but it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            I don't know why you want to stereotype blacks but it won't work.

Source: http://www.people-press.org/2012/02/...-sex-marriage/

A recent article by Darren Sherkat and colleagues in the journal Social Science Quarterly explored the religious basis for Black opposition to gay and lesbian marriage. (In 2008, 58% of Black respondents to the General Social Survey opposed same-sex marriage rights, compared with 46% of Whites.) They show that what appears to many as an incongruity in the overlap between Black political liberalism and widespread opposition to marriage rights is largely explained by religion — sectarian affiliation and level of religiosity. From the conclusion:

'African-American religion is overwhelmingly sectarian Protestant and denominational ties play a strong role in producing black-white differences in support for same-sex marriage. While fewer than 30 percent of white Americans identify with conservative Protestant denominations, over 63 percent of African Americans affiliate with Baptist or other sectarian groups. About half the difference between whites and African Americans in their support for same-sex marriage is explained by differences in religious affiliation, while high rates of religious participation among African Americans accounts for the remainder of the gap.'
            Source: http://familyinequality.wordpress.co...rriage-rights/

The new poll found a sharp divide among Maryland Democrats based on race. Among whites, 71 percent support same-sex marriage, while 24 percent do not. Among blacks, 41 percent are supportive, while 53 percent are opposed. Maryland has the largest percentage of African Americans of any state outside of the Deep South.
            Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...6cQ_story.html

That the majority of Blacks are opposed to gay marriage is not exactly something controversial. Even if it were not true, the perception of it is strong among the LGBT community.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I am of course making a snide but tongue-in-cheek comment that MrFun, who is gay-obsessed, doesn't really care about an injustice done against someone Black because he knows the majority of Blacks don't have his back.

Comment

Thanks, provost
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well we've always known that the gay community are no friends with the Black community. Of course MrFun would half-ass his outrage.

Comment

That the majority of Blacks are opposed to gay marriage is not exactly something controversial. Even if it were not true, the perception of it is strong among the LGBT community.
                    Great, now you're also trying to stereotype gays by attempting to speak for them.

Comment

Does anybody besides MrFun think that it's a good idea to sign a petition calling for somebody to be prosecuted for murder?

"Mob justice is okay so long as a straight white male is being lynched" - MrFun
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You gotta really stretch your neck to see a similarity between petitions and lynchings...

Comment

Granted that MrFun probably doesn't want to personally get his hands dirty.

I think that Zimmerman should be prosecuted. I also think that nobody in a position of authority should give a damn about my opinion that Zimmerman should be prosecuted (unless by some bizarre turn of events I wind up on the grand jury handing out the indictment)
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Great, now you're also trying to stereotype gays by attempting to speak for them.
                            You are irritating.

Hey, Indians like to eat curry! Oh wait. There's an Indian out there who hates curry so that's racist and speaking for an entire ethnic group! You can't do that!
                            Hey, Republicans are opposed to abortion rights! Wait. There's pro-choice Republicans so you can't say that! You're not speaking for all of them!

Comment

albie manages to be a tool to both blacks and Gays
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You are irritating.

Hey, Indians like to eat curry! Oh wait. There's an Indian out there who hates curry so that's racist and speaking for an entire ethnic group! You can't do that!
                                Hey, Republicans are opposed to abortion rights! Wait. There's pro-choice Republicans so you can't say that! You're not speaking for all of them!

Well let's see... curry is Indian in origin and calling it Indian is simply recognition of India's rich cultural heritage. The Republican Party has an official platform which typically includes curtailing abortion rights. Got any more false analogies?

Comment

Working...
                                X