No announcement yet.

Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be a fitting posting for the Student expelled for Tweet-Thread as well...
    after all it also has to do a little bit with (lack of) basic rights and working conditions
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-mar...ry?id=16022897

A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.

The surveillance video, which was obtained exclusively by ABC News, shows Zimmerman arriving in a police cruiser. As he exits the car, his hands are cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed.

Zimmerman, 28, is wearing a red and black fleece and his face and head are cleanly shaven. He appears well built, hardly the portly young man depicted in a 2005 mug shot that until a two days ago was the single image the media had of Zimmerman.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning.
      Notice the article's headline... now, ABC news is going in reverse:

Enhanced video footage of George Zimmerman being taken into custody less than 30 minutes after he shot and killed Florida teenTrayvon Martin shows the neighborhood watch captain with an injury to the back of his head.

The never-before-seen evidence of an injury to Zimmerman, in this case a gash or mark to his head, would appear to back his claim that he shot Martin in self defense after he was attacked by Martin on the night of Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla

Combine that with NBC news editing out the dispatcher's question to make Zimmerman look racist and the media is looking really bad.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I think there is a difference ...
        in case of the ABC video one can say that not seeing any wounds was an honest mistake as there are no wounds to see without any enhancement of the image (else one of the many viewees of this video would already raised objections at an earlier time).
        In case of NBC on the other hand it was a willful deception in order to make Zimmerman look bad
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• What bugs me is the way that Information on this case is dribbling out first to favor one side, then another. At first we get a few witness reports without any mention of Trayvon fighting Zimmerman, then once the crowd gets worked up we get reports of witnesses saying that Trayvon beat up Zimmerman. We get a badly out of focus picture of Zimmerman at the police station, a riot occurs, then we get an "enhanced" one. How the heck would a news station get footage from police CCTV anyway?

Wouldn't a bunch of race riots have a predictable effect on the current political race, particularily if the cause of the riot were later proven to be false? One problem with that though - it's too early in the year.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• EDITOR'S NOTE: In a follow-up story published April 7, police say the robbery and assault of a 78-year-old Toledo man by six juveniles were not racially ...

Six juveniles -- the youngest 11, and the oldest 17 -- nearly boxed in Dallas Watts, a 78-year-old man from East Toledo.

Mr. Watts was on his way home from the nearby Gas Express Mart at Starr Avenue and White Street about 4:45 p.m. Saturday when the boys approached him.

One pointed at Mr. Watts and said, "take him down," the victim recounted in an interview Monday.
            Mr. Watts said one of the boys delivered a single blow to the back of his head during the incident Saturday, knocking the victim to the ground.

At one point, the victim recalled being lifted from the ground so one of the boys could "drop-kick" him in the chest.

One boy, he said, put his foot on the back of the victim's neck, with another shouting, "Kill him."

While Mr. Watts was down the boys kicked him, over and over, shouting, "[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon ... Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man]," according to a police report.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What's the problem - put them in jail.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                I think there is a difference ...
                in case of the ABC video one can say that not seeing any wounds was an honest mistake as there are no wounds to see without any enhancement of the image (else one of the many viewees of this video would already raised objections at an earlier time).
                In fact one could wonder if the enhanced video was photoshopped. There now is however the released police report which confirms that Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and the back of the head.

Comment

• Then there is the distorted call that sounds like Zimmerman saying, "Be vewe, vewy quiet. Shhhhh... I'm hunting down negwoes. hehehehe".

Click image for larger version

Name:	084aac_elmer_fudd.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	9093046
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• All this took place in a gated community, right? They probably have a home-owner's association. This probably wasn't Trayvon's first visit to their neighborhood. What if they got together and decided they weren't comfortable with a black teenager wandering their streets and a black man in their White House and decided to kill two birds with one stone? Ice the kid, then supply just enough information about the incident to inflame black communities around the country, entice the President into making a remark, wait for the riots to break out all over the nation, then release embarrassing testimony "proving" that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

Comment

• That's a heck of a conspiracy theory.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Yep, sure is. Of course, I'm just saying.............

Comment

• I'm puzzled that the first two allegedly eyewitness reports published both mention a man in a red jacket or shirt on the ground, a scream for help and then a gun shot. Presumably the guy in the red jacket was Zimmerman. If Trayvon, wearing a light gray sweater were on top of Zimmerman beating on him why was that aspect not mentioned in those first two reports? The incident occurred around 7:15 PM so there would have been adequate light still. Is it possible that a witness could have seen the man on the ground but not the man kneeling or crouching over him pummeling on him? Were they viewing this from underneath a car? I don't think so. Did the reporter think that detail unimprotant? Surely not?
                          Last edited by Dr Strangelove; April 7, 2012, 10:35.

Comment

• That's the problem with judging based upon media reports Doc.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• At this point, is there a court in the land that can give him a fair trial? The media poisoning is atrocious.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• "We enhanced the tape and he said coons, no wait we enhanced it again and he said cold, no wait we enhanced it again and he said punks"

"The six seconds we cut from the tape where the 911 operator asked him for the race of the suspicious person? Oh, that was a seasoned producer who did that by accident while trying to cut down the time for broadcast."

"Why do we keep showing one at age 12 and the other in an orange prison jumpsuit? No reason, that's just what we had."

"He's white, not Hispanic! His mother being a Peruvian national has nothing to do with it!"
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X