No announcement yet.

Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible, but It's seldom the guy with the gun is the one yelling for help.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And it is quite likely a father would recognise his own son's voice.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

• I don't think we should rely on the opinons of the parents of either involved person here. They're hardly unbiased.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Even the opinion about who's voice it is?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• I think all prosecutions should be social media inspired.

How many signatures do I need to push forward a case against Limbaugh?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              Even the opinion about who's voice it is?
              Yes. Can you imagine the victim's father coming forward and saying, "You know, I gave the old recording a second go around and I have to say it definitely sounds like that Zimmerman boy was crying out for help."
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Even the opinion about who's voice it is?
                Is this a joke?
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• "He assured us it was self-defense, so we didn't charge him" isn't the standard of murder investigation I would want in my town.

If a vigilante provokes a confrontation -- which seems to be one of the few things not in dispute -- how can a subsequent death possibly be considered as without legal ramifications? The victim has not been accused of trespassing or any property crime, and was unarmed.

Something's not right here.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The kid was black, Jr.

If it were a white kid, the shooter would've been arrested on the spot, regardless of whether or not the shooting was justified.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                      I think all prosecutions should be social media inspired.

How many signatures do I need to push forward a case against Limbaugh?
                      100k Retweets or Likes. Stumbles aren't acceptable. +1s would also work, but getting 100k of them is mathematically impossible given that only 4 people actually use Google+.

Comment

• I think you guys are being a bit ridiculous. The man called in the confrontation, stood by the body and had a legal permit for his gun. In those circumstances I would assume it's normal procedure to do some investigation before charging him.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer that the cops be relatively sure somebody committed a crime before arresting them.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I ran up the price of "guilty" on Intrade. Markets have spoken. Hang him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer that the cops be relatively sure somebody committed a crime before arresting them.
                              In this case, I'd say it's just you.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Speaking of the cops...anybody know their ethnicity?
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X